• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,899 posts in this topic

I am a self storage manager and it came from an abandoned unit.

The only games are the two that are pictured.

How do I clean ghis thing?

Thanks for your help

Hello,

I am NOT responsible for any damage done to the system by taking this advice. You do this under your own free will.

If you don't have the original RF switch, get a pair of AV cables. The side of these units do accept AV inputs.

Clean the games with a solution of rubbing alcohol and very little water (depending on the percentage of alcohol used). Use a q-tip and and dip it in the solution and clean the contacts on the cartridges the best you can.

To clean the system: I will assume you do not have a cleaning kit handy, so we will compromise. That SMB/Duck Hunt cartridge is worth less than a dollar and this may not hurt it. Use the q-tip covered in rubbing alcohol and put it on the contacts of the cart. You do NOT want it dripping wet, but you do want it moist.

Insert the cartidge and press down usually half way until it hits the system's contacts. Keeping pushing it back and forth in the system; stopping to clean the cartridge's contacts again and again. Repeat this process.

The system may or may not work properly after this. Do NOT test the system while the games and system are wet from the cleaning.

This is way you clean NES systems with common items.

Kind Regards,

'mint'

PS: If this doesn't work and the system does not work, assuming it powers on, we know the power cord is good. Those are worth about $7-$10 on the open market on a good day.

These (systems) can be repaired (assuming it powers on, by replacing the system's PIN connector. The cost is usually not worth the effort. Like I said, I sell these systems wholesale with games for $29.95 and yes, that does include the light gun!

2 systems, 3 controllers, 1 memory card for $16

2012-09-08_07-30-29_847.jpg

If you are buying these for resale, please PM me before buying these kind of items. I can offer you some advice if you interested. It is solely up to you.

If you bought these for yourself, it is good that you saved on ebay shipping.

Respectfully,

'mint'

No worries man, I've recently started buying retro gaming stuff from my youth, so these are for me. The price was right, and now I have an extra. If I try to mod it and screw up, I always have another.

I'm too lazy to be a merchant anyhow :)

2 systems, 3 controllers, 1 memory card for $16

2012-09-08_07-30-29_847.jpg

If you are buying these for resale, please PM me before buying these kind of items. I can offer you some advice if you interested. It is solely up to you.

If you bought these for yourself, it is good that you saved on ebay shipping.

Respectfully,

'mint'

No worries man, I've recently started buying retro gaming stuff from my youth, so these are for me. The price was right, and now I have an extra. If I try to mod it and screw up, I always have another.

I'm too lazy to be a merchant anyhow :)

It's cool. Just offering to help!

PM me any time!

Kind Regards,

'mint'

Day 4 of the flea market and found a few items (didn't post yesterday as it rained - one vendor described yesterday as a wash). At times I felt like packing it in early as it was hard watching all the vendors drying their items out in the sun. Even though the stuff didn't belong to me, as a vendor doing an outdoor show once a year, I really felt for all the vendors and heaps of damaged goods :(

I picked up a MIB Super Smurf Racer (cyclist with stand) - still haven't found the version I picked up so I'm guessing this is a variation line (could be European or from Canada as the US box looks totally different). Found an OPC Yzerman rookie card looks to be a solid 9 with nice sharp corners.

But the thing that jumped out at me was a 1976 Shensei UFO Commander 7 - Justice Blue Silver (UC-71) - here's a pic from the Web:

bluesilver.jpg

The one pictured above is missing the "Blue Silver" sticker at the front. The two side missile launchers collapse and close as side hatches. The overall look of this piece is pretty mean and definitely looks like a 70's toy.

Anyhow, I couldn't take my eyes of this thing and I can't describe the connection to the piece even though I hadn't seen this particular die cast ship before.

After doing some research, I found out there were eight different die cast toys from the original (series 1) line, and while doing the research, I stumbled on one of the toys from this line, and a very early childhood memory of my Mom buying me the Vulcan I figure. I still recall how many times I used to hunt down those red flying fists as a kid. So cool:

ufo7_07a.jpg

Good day to be combing the flea market fields.

Here are some random pics from the flea market:

IMG00266-20120907-0945.jpg

This table had tonnes of really cool stuff, but the sticker shock and inflexibility to budge on prices kept me away from buying.

IMG00267-20120907-1034.jpg

IMG00268-20120907-1034.jpg

The next two pics are just cars that caught my eye. The first is a 1957 Jeep - I've been a Jeep guy since I got my first job and this was just a beaut! I'd be surprised if this didn't win best of show:

IMG00270-20120909-0931.jpg

This pulled up as I was exiting the grounds. As he was backing into the spot, I literally felt the ground shake - man did it sound mean!

IMG00282-20120909-1111.jpg

Kitcar poseur.

Here are some random pics

This pulled up as I was exiting the grounds. As he was backing into the spot, I literally felt the ground shake - man did it sound mean!

Probably a Factory Five. The owner probably just forgot to tighten up the manifold or something, that's why it sounded like it did. :devil:

Kitcar poseur.

Here are some random pics

The owner admitted as much.

As much as I like this car, at a quarter to half a mill for an original Shelby, there is a LONG list of things I'd rather do with the money.

That looks like an awesome flea market. Any more pictures?

I wanted to take more pics, but there was a lot of competition on the grounds this year.

I mentioned in June how there was always someone behind me to snag anything I was complacent about or taking time to mull over.

It was ten times worse this time. I felt burned out after 4 hours of scanning and trying to walk away with something.

Is the Superman 24 photoshopped in? :shrug: Or is it just a framed photo?

IMG00268-20120907-1034.jpg

lol

I hardly had enough time to take pictures of what I bought - these are straight from my blackberry and definitely not photoshopped. Like I said, there were a lot of cool items at this table, but they priced everything on the high side. I stopped flipping stuff over to see what they were asking and moved on.

Today: Couple old first additions are always a thrill to find, I cant even find anything that compares to the "Game of India" imagewise, theres nothing out and this is complete and in stellar condition. I think Wiggly is complete and its in deccent shape from what I have seen. part2auct168.jpgpart2auct169.jpgpart2auct170.jpgpart2auct171.jpgpart2auct172.jpg

Bought a gigantic 80s He-man toy collection this weekend. Been working with a husband & wife for a couple months now.

Contains the three playsets, pretty much every ship & creature, and a significant number of the figures. Oh yeah, it included quite a few MASK items.

Pat

Bought a gigantic 80s He-man toy collection this weekend. Been working with a husband & wife for a couple months now.

Contains the three playsets, pretty much every ship & creature, and a significant number of the figures. Oh yeah, it included quite a few MASK items.

Pat

What did you pay for the heman?.. sounds like its worth quite a lot if its as complete as you say :) If one of the play sets is eternia that one is worth cash $$$$

Today: Couple old first additions are always a thrill to find, I cant even find anything that compares to the "Game of India" imagewise, theres nothing out and this is complete and in stellar condition. I think Wiggly is complete and its in deccent shape from what I have seen. part2auct170.jpg

I got to start checking older games for dice :):headbang:

Edited by synch

Pat

Nice! If you've got time, I'd like to see some pics (thumbs u

Strangely enough, I was just consigned by a friend who is now living in Australia to sell all his original toys...Transformers and a HUGE He-Man assortment. Just reading up on the value of these things and it looks like I've got a pile of cash sitting in my spare room ;)

Strangely enough, I was just consigned by a friend who is now living in Australia to sell all his original toys...Transformers and a HUGE He-Man assortment. Just reading up on the value of these things and it looks like I've got a pile of cash sitting in my spare room ;)

hell yes you do that stuff can be worth $$$ depending on what it is & what shape / how complete they are ... another thing to find out if he has original transformers is if they are diecast or plastic cause ones with diecast metal parts will sell for more if you list them as such

Pat

What did you pay for the heman?.. sounds like its worth quite a lot if its as complete as you say :) If one of the play sets is eternia that one is worth cash $$$$

It's the three primary playsets, not Eternia (Grayskull, Snake Mountain, and Fright Zone). There are some other 80s weird toys. Look like bugs but turn all evil.

Unfortunately, I bought it the day I moved everything to storage (moving). I hardly even looked at a small percentage of it. But the price was solid.

I'm a HUGE He-man fan. I have tons of the pieces (including most of it carded/boxed), so I will likely sell a bunch. I still have a very sizeable 80s GI Joe collection I plan to sell too. Just crazy getting a house ready to sell.

Pat

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Turns out the bugs and rocks are from something called:

"Rocks, Bugs, and Things"

Yes, that's what the toy line was called. The bugs are actually kind of cool.

http://www.virtualtoychest.com/rocksbugsandthings/rocksbugsandthings.html

When you squeeze the bugs, they open a mouth and evilness ensues.

AHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHH

Pat