• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

Didn't give it much thought on Friday when I snapped up this Halloween mask at an estate sale I attended. Anyways when I got home I washed it with warm soapy water and noticed the back was marked 1976 Don Post Studios. It is thick durable rubber and in flawless condition. The rubber is very pliable and paint is unblemished. No tears. I also figured it out that it glows in the dark. So I google Don Post...wow! Dubbed the God Father of Halloween Masks, he did Michael Myers and the Hell Raiser Cenobites and quite a history of others. I nee to research this exciting find a little more. If anyone here knows about these vintage horror masks. Tell me somethin' good, like this thing is worth a few grand

photo-2.jpg

Not in the best of shape, but the price was right. Got this for a quarter at a used bookstore. Looks like it was signed and numbered inside the front cover. Does anybody here have more info on this underground comic?

freznofunnies.jpg

freznofunniessig.jpg

PM Howard (EggsAckley). He is the Underground Guy.

Didn't give it much thought on Friday when I snapped up this Halloween mask at an estate sale I attended. Anyways when I got home I washed it with warm soapy water and noticed the back was marked 1976 Don Post Studios. It is thick durable rubber and in flawless condition. The rubber is very pliable and paint is unblemished. No tears. I also figured it out that it glows in the dark. So I google Don Post...wow! Dubbed the God Father of Halloween Masks, he did Michael Myers and the Hell Raiser Cenobites and quite a history of others. I nee to research this exciting find a little more. If anyone here knows about these vintage horror masks. Tell me somethin' good, like this thing is worth a few grand

photo-2.jpg

I see that the plastic surgery went well. :baiting:

photo-2.jpg

Really cool mask. Someone is trying to sell the same one with a 200.00 buy it now on ebay. I use to have a few from the Star Wars line that he did.

Picked this up at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I've been looking for one. Solid oak all the way around with beveled glass. Four hinged doors, two on each side. Not a scratch or a nick on it.

I removed all the glass and doors and cleaned everything and polished the oak. Even has a light. $100.00 bucks out the door. I collect die-cast construction machines also and they fit in it perfect.

curiocabinet003.jpg

curiocabinet002.jpg

curiocabinet001.jpg

diecastsdisplay004.jpg

diecastsdisplay006.jpg

diecastsdisplay001.jpg

diecastsdisplay003.jpg

Edited by DR.X

Picked this up at an estate sale a few weeks ago. I've been looking for one. Solid oak all the way around with beveled glass. Four hinged doors, two on each side. Not a scratch or a nick on it.

I removed all the glass and doors and cleaned everything and polished the oak. Even has a light. $100.00 bucks out the door. I collect die-cast construction machines also and they fit in it perfect.

curiocabinet003.jpg

curiocabinet002.jpg

curiocabinet001.jpg

diecastsdisplay004.jpg

diecastsdisplay006.jpg

diecastsdisplay001.jpg

Cool collection, Doc. I need a few of those display cases too. (thumbs u

photo-2.jpg

Cool mask.

There's "The Halloween Mask Association" message board, probably get answers and interest there.

www.thehma.net

logo.png310684_241651755892720_929369524_a.jpg

I always bring my tape measure as I have a height issue for the spot I had to put it. I had a problem getting it into the basement also because I have a landing that turns and then goes down.

After two failed attempts, I had to unstrap it from the dolly and lay it down. Restrap it and take it down upside down as the base was to wide to clear the stair trim rails.

I should have just called up Returner ( Matt ) and had him carry it down for me with one arm. lol

No more dusting :cloud9:

Well, this is actually the first time those babies have seen daylight. Had them in storage for many years accumulating dust on the boxes.

Very cool collection :applause:

And I hear your pain, my staircase to my rec room is narrow and has a low ceiling at the top. We had to get Ikea couches and build them down there.

Just picked all these up from the fifty cent bin at a local collector's convention. They're so minty fresh, I love it! Just had some fun putting all of them inside new bags and boards. After the first list there's a list of stuff all you Walking Dead fans are going to go crazy for.

First sweet pick ups today for fifty cents each! :whee:

Hate #14

Beavis & Butt-Head #1, #2

Wonder Woman #3 (1987)

The Silver Surfer #55 (1991)

The Savage Dragon #2

The Amazing Spider-Man #361 (2nd Print)

Gen 13 #1 (Mini, 2nd Print)

Gen 13 #1 (Ongoing)

Venom Lethal Protector #1 through #6

Daredevil The Man Without Fear #1

The Sandman Special #1

Cerebus #0, #42, #43, #49, #52, #53, #55 - #58, #152 (double signed), #153 (same)

Now, check out this freaking awesome list of The Walking Dead comics I just picked up today. About six months ago I went to my LCS and got a copy of each #20, #51 - #53, and #74 through #98 all at cover price. Yeah, pretty sweet pickup, huh? Well, my friends, today I picked up, for a measly fifty cents each:

The Walking Dead #1 (Image Firsts), #3, #5, #7, #9 - #12, #19, #41 - #55 (two copies of #53), and a #61 with the Chew preview.

:devil::ohnoez::banana:

curiocabinet003.jpg

curiocabinet002.jpg

curiocabinet001.jpg

diecastsdisplay004.jpg

diecastsdisplay006.jpg

diecastsdisplay001.jpg

diecastsdisplay003.jpg

She's a beaut!

Just picked all these up from the fifty cent bin at a local collector's convention. They're so minty fresh, I love it! Just had some fun putting all of them inside new bags and boards. After the first list there's a list of stuff all you Walking Dead fans are going to go crazy for.

Hate #14

Wonder Woman #3 (1987)

The Savage Dragon #2

Gen 13 #1 (Ongoing)

The Sandman Special #1

Cerebus #0, #42, #43, #49, #52, #53, #55 - #58, #152 (double signed), #153 (same)

Now, check out this freaking awesome list of The Walking Dead comics I just picked up today. About six months ago I went to my LCS and got a copy of each #20, #51 - #53, and #74 through #98 all at cover price. Yeah, pretty sweet pickup, huh? Well, my friends, today I picked up, for a measly fifty cents each:

The Walking Dead #1 (Image Firsts), #3, #5, #7, #9 - #12, #19, #41 - #55 (two copies of #53), and a #61 with the Chew preview.

congrats

Hate #14

Wonder Woman #3 (1987)

The Savage Dragon #2

Gen 13 #1 (Ongoing)

The Sandman Special #1

wow, a WD #19 for 50 cents that's crazy, I also love the Venom: lethal protector run :applause:

I got a few decent deals lately. First one is these 4 official Nintendo cases, and a SMB/Duck Hunt manual. Found them in a bin at a pawn shop, got the lot for 50 cents.

2012-12-04_15-47-33_349.jpg

Next at Pawn America I scored this N64 Expansion Pack in the box. I'm not exactly sure if its complete or not, seems to have everything it needs. This I paid $9.99 (about 1/3 its value)

2012-12-04_15-49-28_345.jpg

Stopped at a GoodWill today, expecting to find nothing... .Then BAM! Boxed Sega DreamCast!

I have been wanting to get one of these for my gaming collection, so this worked out perfect. It had 2 controllers, 1 memory card(?), 1Red VMU, All the Dreamcast Manuals/hookups, and 10 games w/booklets.

My only complaints were : The original owner threw out the jewel cases, wtf?! and they put one strip packing tape all around the box, for securing it... I got most of it off ok, but peeled a little ink of the Box. I payed $34.99 not the *Best* deal I know, but the console was in great condition too. I'll pay a little more for quality.

2012-12-04_15-44-15_437.jpg

...and lastly, I payed $5 at a Pawn shop for this New/Old stock 3rd party NES controller.

It has turbo buttons and is really cheaply made. The blue front is actually a sticker that will definitely come off.... If i actually was gonna use it. I just thought it was cool that It never got opened or played with all these years.

2012-12-04_15-51-23_658.jpg

-------------------------

Thanks for checking my stuff out! Later!