• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,895 posts in this topic

Went to a local garage sale this morning that advertised comics. Didn't buy any comics though. The guy wanted $60 for an ASM V2 #36 but it had a few spine ticks and a water spot on the back cover so I passed on that one.

I did pick up a Castle Grayskull shell however and this Batman figure:

CastleGrayskull_zpscc67b2ed.jpg

Batmanfigure_zps2e64538b.jpg

Paid $25 for the pair. Good deal or not? I know little about the toy side of things. The Castle Grayskull is just the shell (nothing else with it) and the Batman figure is missing a rope or hoop or something like that.

I did take some pics of some Transformers and He-Man figures that I might go back and pick up. I wanted to post pics and see if you guys think they're worth picking up or not. If you see something here I should grab, post here and let me know.

Transformersfigures_zpsb9227c39.jpg

Transformersfigure_zps7c0f24b7.jpg

IMG_20130418_091621_zps4c5df38e.jpg

He-Manfigures_zpsc13f3a7f.jpg

I did take some pics of some Transformers and He-Man figures that I might go back and pick up. I wanted to post pics and see if you guys think they're worth picking up or not. If you see something here I should grab, post here and let me know.

If you can get the He-man or Transformers cheap, it is worth it. At least it is for me because I enjoy the genres a lot. I don't think they'd sell for a lot though which is why they'd need to be relatively cheap.

As Frank says, try to bundle.

Pat

A local thrift store ran a craigslist ad yesterday saying that just had got a "comic collection" in. So I ran down there this morning thinking I would see about 4 or 5 long boxes of comics in there. To my surprise, there were actually 48 long boxes of comics! :o

I decided to be a trooper and dig through every one of them thinking I might find at least a few goodies. I came home with 76 comics at $1.00 each and found a rather eclectic assortment of titles to choose from. Nothing major here but did find a bunch of #1 issues from the 80s and early 90s. Here's a list of just a few of these books (many of which I had never seen before):

Adventures in the Mystwood #1 (Blackthorne, 1986)

Fringe #1 (Caliber, 1990)

Nightmare Theater #2 and #4 (Chaos, 1997, Berni Wrightson covers)

ESPers #1 (Image, 1997, hot blonde on cover)

Wildstar: Sky Zero #1 Gold Logo (Image, 1993)

Comet #1 (Red Circle, 1983)

Mighty Crusaders #3 and #4 (Red Circle, 1983)

Archer and Armstrong #1 (Valiant, 1992)

Eternal Warrior #1 (Valiant, 1992)

Friends #1 (Renegade Press, 1987)

Metacops #1 (Monster Comics, 1991)

Oktoberfest Comics #1 (Now and Then, 1976)

Omicron #1 (Pyramid Comics, 1987)

Open Season #1 (Renegade Press, 1986)

Pete The P.O.'d Postal Worker #1 (Sharkbait Press, 1997)

Rick Raygun #1 (Stop Dragon Comics, 1986)

Slacker Comics #1 (Slave Labor Graphics, 1994)

Speed Racer #1 (Now Comics, 1993)

Let me know if you want to see scans of any of these.

Picked this up today at an auction in a rural area near me. It was one of those "choice" deals, where you bid a price then choose the one you wanted. It was an easy choice for me :)

ironman55_zpse49c3760.jpg

Picked this up today at an auction in a rural area near me. It was one of those "choice" deals, where you bid a price then choose the one you wanted. It was an easy choice for me :)

ironman55_zpse49c3760.jpg

Great pick up. what was the price? cool date stamp.

Sadly, there was a comic shop owner at the auction as well, so it didn't go for a song. But it is a nice copy, so I went ahead and bid until I won.

I sold about 30 dollar-comics at my neighbourhood's annual flea market today.

I know I saw the lower-grade Wolverine LS #3 & #4 go out, and some X-Men stuff that might be worth $5-6 each.

I was hoping to clear out the long box I took, but attendance was rather pathetic today.

*sigh*

-slym

Not comic related, but cool none the less, can anyone shed any light on these? they look like American army badges/insignia .

Picture915_zps0818be31.jpg

$20 lot IF the pin on top is marked sterling Edited by Junkdrawer

The silver/Blue pin is for completing marksmanship 101. Everyone gets one very very common. They used to be sterling. The others I really cant say. A little more research and asking around wouldn't hurt ya though.

The silver/Blue pin is for completing marksmanship 101. Everyone gets one very very common. They used to be sterling. The others I really cant say. A little more research and asking around wouldn't hurt ya though.

The rifleman one is a nice badge, one of them is in a shape of a first world war tank.

Thanks for the info guys.