• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,892 posts in this topic

Yeah, I've seen it before a dozen times. I always thought it was a Kirby image. I agree on the age, it was probably mass produced, but I can't find the when/where.

Well I'm happy, I didn't pay much and I originally intended to have Stan sign it but I think I'm just going to find a nice frame and keep as it is.

Here are scans of the 257...more like a 1.0 or 1.5 given all the chunks missing

Front

18ThyQcl.jpg

click on the image for a larger view

Back

G02Ws2Ql.jpg

click on the image for a larger view

Yeah, it's pretty beat up. It looked a bit better in the smaller photo. :(

It's still an excellent deal, though. (thumbs u

There is a local chain of comic shops that puts together this makeshift "flea market" if you will, for tons of over flow items, comics, toys, etc... The do this on Fridays nights and Saturdays for 4 weeks at the end of Summer, beginning of Fall for the last 2 years. This is week 3 for this year. I'm sure I've missed out on tons of kewl finds. But the stock rotated every day it is open.

I managed to pick up these 6 books yesterday for a whopping $9

finds-09062013.jpg

So I went back again today, mostly because my daughter was upset that I didn't get her any tpb's. SO I found her a few to keep her happy and I found these.

Paid $5 for the J Scott Campbell sealed calendar

paid $2 for the 1st print copy of Image First

the rest were $1 each

finds-09072013.jpg

There is a local chain of comic shops that puts together this makeshift "flea market" if you will, for tons of over flow items, comics, toys, etc... The do this on Fridays nights and Saturdays for 4 weeks at the end of Summer, beginning of Fall for the last 2 years. This is week 3 for this year. I'm sure I've missed out on tons of kewl finds. But the stock rotated every day it is open.

I managed to pick up these 6 books yesterday for a whopping $9

finds-09062013.jpg

15 cent Marvels. :cloud9:

Not a bad haul this morning. Long run of Batman Confidential(2-37). $1 for the SS hardcover.

20130907_104811_zps6098883e.jpg

That hardcover is by far the best book in the batch, especially for $1. The whole book is one page splashes of Buscema art, and much harder to find than those FF's. (thumbs u

Nice bronze haul today at a garage sale. 133 books for $40. All Marvel (besides 2 Batmans): ASM, FF, Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Cap, Marvel Team Up, Thor, Dr. Strange, Daredevil.

They had 2 more bins of books, but I only had 40 bucks on me, so I mix'n'matched one bin to come up with this lot.

Mostly VG-Fine. The biggest problem is there is a slight musty smell to the comics. Probably stored in a basement for a long time!

302vw4m.jpg

Nice bronze haul today at a garage sale. 133 books for $40. All Marvel (besides 2 Batmans): ASM, FF, Iron Man, Avengers, Hulk, Cap, Marvel Team Up, Thor, Dr. Strange, Daredevil.

They had 2 more bins of books, but I only had 40 bucks on me, so I mix'n'matched one bin to come up with this lot.

Mostly VG-Fine. The biggest problem is there is a slight musty smell to the comics. Probably stored in a basement for a long time!

302vw4m.jpg

Still a very nice haul for the money. Thanks for the pic. :)

302vw4m.jpg

Wow! Awesome haul for $40!

Picked up some assorted Calvin and Hobbes. Bar far my favorite comic to this day.

photo IMG_10951.jpg

Also found a Defenders of the Earth Poster (about 3 ft by 2 ft) but cant find any info on it. If anyone can help me out it would be most appreciated!

photo IMG_10971.jpg

Also found a Defenders of the Earth Poster (about 3 ft by 2 ft) but cant find any info on it. If anyone can help me out it would be most appreciated!

Love it. :grin:

I have no info on that, mostly guesses. It's obviously extremely rare and I wonder if you'll ever be able to find any info on the poster. It was probably distributed in a limited fashion to video and toy stores for promotional means. The DEotE movie was created as a launching off point for the entire property similar to the original TMNT animated movie. Very cool item. (thumbs u

Love it. :grin:

I have no info on that, mostly guesses. It's obviously extremely rare and I wonder if you'll ever be able to find any info on the poster. It was probably distributed in a limited fashion to video and toy stores for promotional means. The DEotE movie was created as a launching off point for the entire property similar to the original TMNT animated movie. Very cool item. (thumbs u

Cool thanks!

I figured it had to be rare since I haven't even found even a picture of the same poster yet on the internet. (shrug)

Im gonna take it to Bookery Fantasy on wed and see if they happen to know anything about it.