• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,891 posts in this topic

It looks complete.

I have a question. I saw some of those fuel cars being blue and some being grey. The little rolling car.

Why is that one piece different? This one is grey.

Also on the box, the "formers" starts in middle under "A" in "trans"

3Lf3s73qf5G95qe5Hfd6lcabb0e26d5ca1545_zps6767f0af.jpg

Generally, I've seen the grey Roller with the grey missiles.

It could just be that someone bought originals of mis-matches (to me, that would be just fine). But the immaculate condition and price would make me a little concerned on the authenticity. Frankly, you could get your money back even if it wasn't.

Pat

Always good to ask if all parts are original. The rest is really more about protecting your butt and doing some research to ensure everything is original. I can't say conclusively that it all is based on the photo you provided, but I did want to at least respond to your question regarding why the roller was gray.

True and I appreciate it. The box is original and I checked off the list off that transformer site regarding fakes or reissues.

I guess I need to just remember what to look for under the roller and on optimus's back. But he does have that head decal by the door.

Yes, but the rubsign on the cab could be removed or peel off with time so the one way to tell it's the bloated version is that it has a larger square shaped smokestack connector than the later release. IIRC the fuel tank is larger too.

Still considered original isn't it?

So far I see nothing that bothers me from his pictures. I am just waiting on his reply. I hate the waiting game. :frustrated::frustrated:

Would be nice to obtain this as my first figure. I have been waiting for a really good buy to start off the collection.

Get a picture of the copyright date that is stamped on Prime's leg. That will tell you whether or not it is an original.

Yes, but the rubsign on the cab could be removed or peel off with time so the one way to tell it's the bloated version is that it has a larger square shaped smokestack connector than the later release. IIRC the fuel tank is larger too.

I knew about the smokestack, but not the fuel tank. Thanks!

Peace,

Chip

I knew about the smokestack, but not the fuel tank. Thanks!

Peace,

Chip

Well this person has not emailed me back yet. So I do not know if I will be getting that G1 beauty...... :( :(

Anyways I picked up 1200 non duplicate various archie digests from this old dude in a retirement community today. Apparently he has owned them for 40 years. I have already eye balled around 7 early digests on the top. There is alot to go through and I will start tonight.

He also threw in around 40 mad mags from 2004-2006ish and He actually had a copy of that Mad 166 finger cover that they gave out to subscribers when they cleaned out that vault at Mad. I think I shall keep that 166 for my collection. :)

It was under $80 for the lot.

comics003_zpsb518e08e.jpg

It looks complete.

I have a question. I saw some of those fuel cars being blue and some being grey. The little rolling car.

Just a heads up, whoever is selling this on Craigslist has lifted the photos and verbage word per word from my Ebay auction. I have already reported this to Craigslist, yet they did nothing to take down the listing.

Here is the link to my auction. Optimus Prime

I would advise heavily not to deal with this clown as I know whatever he is selling is not what you see in the pictures because I still have it in my possession.

Edited by Escaflown4

It looks complete.

Just a heads up, whoever is selling this on Craigslist has lifted the photos and verbage word per word from my Ebay auction. I have already reported this to Craigslist, yet they did nothing to take down the listing.

I would advise heavily not to deal with this clown as I know whatever he is selling is not what you see in the pictures because I still have it in my possession.

:o

It looks complete.

This is rather interesting. I looked at the pictures and they are indeed the same. Yes he is on craigslist. How did you find out about this? I have not heard from this person yet and I always do sales in person since my size deters them.

I wonder if this is the same person selling cgc comics on there too. He never answers me and still posts the same thing over and over.

Thank you for letting me know and I will see what happens if he does reply.

I do not even know how he can even pull this off using craigslist.

Edited by MrDeafComics

It looks complete.

This is rather interesting. I looked at the pictures and they are indeed the same. Yes he is on craigslist. How did you find out about this? I have not heard from this person yet and I always do sales in person since my size deters them.

I wonder if this is the same person selling cgc comics on there too. He never answers me and still posts the same thing over and over.

I found out about it about a few weeks ago when somebody sent me a message on Ebay asking if I was also selling it on Craigslist because he found it strange why there was a huge price difference. He gave me the link to the Craigslist listing and I have since reported it. So far I have been disappointed with them since they have done nothing to take the listing down. Whoever this guy is, he may or may not have an Optimus Prime for sale. I'm not sure, but one thing I can guarantee you is that you will not get what you see on his listing because I still have it in my possession.

It looks complete.

I found out about it about a few weeks ago when somebody sent me a message on Ebay asking if I was also selling it on Craigslist because he found it strange why there was a huge price difference. He gave me the link to the Craigslist listing and I have since reported it. So far I have been disappointed with them since they have done nothing to take the listing down. Whoever this guy is, he may or may not have an Optimus Prime for sale. I'm not sure, but one thing I can guarantee you is that you will not get what you see on his listing because I still have it in my possession.

Internet is awesome those days. Recent events in the last year have spread like wildfire. Thank you for letting me know.

That archie digest lot I brought is looking promising so far. Quite a few 60-95 cent issues including jughead jones 2 (neal adams).

Haven't been hitting the garage/tag sales much this summer, but I went to a small sale nearby on Saturday morning. Ended up with the deluxe edition of the Gerber guide to Marvel Comics - must be overstock or something because it's only signed by Stan Lee and not Ernst Gerber's son (or grandson) and no numbering (it was supposed to be double signed and limited to 2500 copies). In any event, it came with the dust jacket and the slipcase -- for $10 a great deal.

Also picked up a Groo mini from Dark Horse, and several issues of G-Fan which is apparently a Godzilla fanzine. Pretty cool.

Also got a Spirit tpb and a random issue of Comic Book Artist magazine.

(thumbs u

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

Very cool find!

+ 1 :applause:

I just randomly walked into a local dollar store yesterday and found these for $1.99 a piece. They range from about 9.4 to 9.8 in condition. Needless to say, I feel that it was a good day!

20130804_070923_zpsd3d2ecc8.jpg

By "local dollar store" do you mean like Dollar General or one of the other dollar chain stores? If so, I didn't know they even sold comics.