• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Garage Sale/Flea Market/Antique Mall Finds Here
59 59

15,898 posts in this topic

Caution, wall of text:

You never know where/when you are going to get a great score. I was driving with the gf after house hunting on Sat and we passed what looked like two very small residential ranch-style homes by an intersection. She noticed a 5x4 sign that was barely visible through some brush that read "COMICS". We turn around at the next stoplight and head back, and tucked away behind a tattoo parlor is the smallest comic store I've ever been in. In the back of the store on the very last rack were three stacks of bagged/boarded Walking Dead's, older issues from 22-96, 42 issues in all. Keys were there, 28, 48, 61, 92 and these were not beat up either, most issues NM-NM+ condition. I pull all the Deads and continue to look through the shop and I find their long box of Spidey's. Inside I quickly grab a ASM 410 with a few NCB's on the spine, but there's not price tag. I ask the co-owner if they are willing to deal on the Dead's, his reply is that he needs to talk to his partner. One call later and I've got all the Deads for under $250 and the Spidey as a throw in.

Had an interesting find today. Bought Batman Vengeance of Bane today for a really great price.

Went to another booth and picked out 50 books. Some of the Death of the Family, Swamp Thing 35 some Peter Panzerfaust, Some GI Joe from 100 to 150, the six or seven WD 100 variants, just some random stuff I was going to buy.

Asked the guy if he'd trade the books (he wanted $55 cash for them) for the VoB book. He mentioned he was thinking the same thing.

Had a garage sale today and threw a note on Craigslist that I was selling comic books. It rained all night and all morning but two guys were at the door at 9:15 wanting to look at the books. I sold about $80 worth of $2 books that I've been trying to sell in the boards for $1 a book. I even sold one of the Superboys that had no buyers on the boards. It's suppose to be sunny tomorrow so hopefully ill clear out a ton more left overs then. Garage sales are the way to go!

Had a garage sale today and threw a note on Craigslist that I was selling comic books. It rained all night and all morning but two guys were at the door at 9:15 wanting to look at the books. I sold about $80 worth of $2 books that I've been trying to sell in the boards for $1 a book. I even sold one of the Superboys that had no buyers on the boards. It's suppose to be sunny tomorrow so hopefully ill clear out a ton more left overs then. Garage sales are the way to go!

That's actually an interesting way to try and move cheaper stuff. Trying to sell through eBay, the boards, etc is too much of a pain for cheap stuff because of the packing and shipping.

i'm having my 3rd comic book garage sale in two weeks. moved about 150 $1 books both previous times. still waiting for my first boardie to show up.

i'm having my 3rd comic book garage sale in two weeks. moved about 150 $1 books both previous times. still waiting for my first boardie to show up.

And here I thought this was a thread about comic related FINDS..... lol:baiting:

And here I thought this was a thread about comic related FINDS..... lol:baiting:

get on a plane to CA and you'll find something ;)

Just picked these up today at a local flea market.

It was $15 for all four books. They are not mint, but I think I did pretty well.

20130928_130908_zpsfabca03f.jpg

I'm not sure of the value of these, but they appear to be original Topps Empire Strikes Back rack packs from 1980. They were $2 per pack, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was looking on eBay and the header on my packs is different than most other packs I see for sale. The header on my packs is a piece of cardboard, but the ones on eBay appear to be just printed on the plastic. If anyone has more info on these, or knows what they are worth, please let me know. Thanks!

20130928_131036_zps8331811e.jpg

Edited by Kaptain Kollektor

Just picked these up today at a local flea market.

I'm not sure of the value of these, but they appear to be original Topps Empire Strikes Back rack packs from 1980. They were $2 per pack, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I was looking on eBay and the header on my packs is different than most other packs I see for sale. The header on my packs is a piece of cardboard, but the ones on eBay appear to be just printed on the plastic. If anyone has more info on these, or knows what they are worth, please let me know. Thanks!

20130928_131036_zps8331811e.jpg

I remember getting these as a kid and I'm almost 100% positive they had a cardboard header.

Sorry I can't help out more on value. Had a ton of movie gum cards as a kid, often been tempted to collect them but never felt I had enough income/space to collect cards as well as comics.

I'm pretty sure they're worth more than 2 bucks though. Shouldn't have a problem making your money back.