• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about CGC label mixup

6 posts in this topic

I bought a Cry For Dawn #5 second print on Ebay:

DSC00298.jpg

The seller also had the #3 book with the #5 second print label in it but it sold yesterday so I don't have a pic. The grade on the other was 9.4. I haven't received it in the mail yet so the question is did CGC just mixup the labels and the #5 is a 9.4 or are the grades right and the description of the books wrong.

Thanks for your time and knowledge.

Jeremy

It has been known for CGC to screw the labels up once in a while. A friend of mine bought a batman RIP variant and the label actually read 2nd print. He sent it back in for relabelling free of charge (shipping costs excluded of course).

I think you may be looking at a re-grade though there. If the label has the wrong issue number the grade may not match the book.

DSC00298.jpg

The seller also had the #3 book with the #5 second print label in it but it sold yesterday so I don't have a pic. The grade on the other was 9.4. I haven't received it in the mail yet so the question is did CGC just mixup the labels and the #5 is a 9.4 or are the grades right and the description of the books wrong.

Jeremy

It doesn't look like the CFD 3 (labeled 5) sold, rather the auction ended on 7/30. Here's the ebay pic:

83322.jpg.9141cf5aab3ea7d15a30ae6d74682224.jpg

DSC00298.jpg

Jeremy

Call for notes. I have seen labels wrong, but CGC has the correct information on file. If the number goes with a 9.4, they should set things right - or be willing to take a look.