• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do if you had the "Dentist" collection?

64 posts in this topic

Is it safe???

Szell.jpg

My dentist is great and also a movie nut and we have a fine time when I visit. I finally got him to start sayig to me "Is it safe?" (he knew the ref) while I was in the chair. I made him a card with that image and a "Dr. Chang asks...IS IT SAFE?" tagline.

He also asks me questions when my mouth is open and cannot answer and he will say things like "I know you can't answer - the quesiton was rhetorical" and I mange to utter something like "aaassoole" or worse which always makes us laugh. (I also, when it is time to fill a disposable cup with water to "rinse", take a pen and mark the bottom of he cup, then inform him that this was the same cup that was here last year! "See? There's the mark I made!")

OK - this is dumb. But dentists can be fun.

WOW. You really freak out in the Dentists office, don't you.

One life lesson I have learned - make the dentist fun!!!! :D

the point of this thread, and i admit, poorly executed by me. was to examine what someone would do with a collection with some of the biggest keys in comics and how everyone would handle it differently.

i just picked the dentist because i've read many posts about him and thought that he is more recognizable than some of the others with large HG collections.

j

I'd switch from being known as "The Dentist" to "That guy who sells one or two books a year and just keeps traveling all over the planet on vacation."

I am with you. I would love to own all of those great keys, but I would prefer to travel (and photograph) the world.

Yes, there are 4 replicas (the last I heard of) in the world, this is one of them. The original

is owned by George Barris and can not be sold because of the agreement between him

and FORD Motor Company

Original Ford $1 document

Wow..the date that letter was written is almost exactly my birth date :) Shouldn't I now get the car for $1?