• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The last Airbender trailer.

18 posts in this topic

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE THINGS will happen. I adored the cartoon. This looks a-nothing like it, and b-forewarning of TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THINGS. @__@

That's what I was thinking when I ordered Dragon Ball Z, from my cable provider. what a waste of $4.99 doh!

I wouldn't have even bothered. You could tell from the trailers how much FAIL would be in it.

Flemmings, sometimes it can be done well. PGSM (Pretty Girl Sailor Moon) has a ridiculous fan base and apparently was done very well. But part of the point of that one was to make it as realistic as possible. And it could be beleivable. These...not so much. -headdesk-

TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE THINGS will happen. I adored the cartoon. This looks a-nothing like it, and b-forewarning of TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THINGS. @__@

That's what I was thinking when I ordered Dragon Ball Z, from my cable provider. what a waste of $4.99 doh!

I wouldn't have even bothered. You could tell from the trailers how much FAIL would be in it.

Flemmings, sometimes it can be done well. PGSM (Pretty Girl Sailor Moon) has a ridiculous fan base and apparently was done very well. But part of the point of that one was to make it as realistic as possible. And it could be beleivable. These...not so much. -headdesk-

My wife is a die hard Sailor Moon fan. She is actually watching it as I type this. I always wanted to get her PGSM or atleast let her see it.

Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon was so, so, so bad, and I'm a die hard Sailor Moon fan. Speed Racer was actually good though, as it captured the cartoon perfectly. Akira is supposed to get the LA treatment next, and I think that would help the Japanese Animation industry a ton over here. Avatar is American, so I'm not sure how much help it needs since Nickalodeon was backing it.

Anyhow.

My boyfriend does a lot of urban exploration, and he found the soundstage to this movie. He has yet to upload his pictures, but he found a few boats used in the movie, ect.

The boats looked cool. But that's about it. Unless that shot was done for the movie, that stuff never happened in the show! [whine, cheese, whine, cheese]

I'm not as big a Speed Racer fan as I used to be, but I though Emile did a great job as Speed. It was as goofy as the cartoon, blah blah blah ect.

PGSM is totally it's own series. The acting was over the top, how they treated some characters was almost insulting, too. Basically, it was a glorified toy commercial.

I'm not as big a Speed Racer fan as I used to be, but I though Emile did a great job as Speed. It was as goofy as the cartoon, blah blah blah ect.

PGSM is totally it's own series. The acting was over the top, how they treated some characters was almost insulting, too. Basically, it was a glorified toy commercial.

My expectations probably were to high because of the Wachoski? brothers. :insane:

Sailor is going to be a gamble for my wife.

But at the same time there are people who seriously prefer it to the anime almost.

Oh, I saw some Sera Myu scenes the other day....I kind of want to see more now. xD;;

Sera Myu (the Sailor Moon broadway type shows) are amazing. Hahahahaa I don't know why I love them more then the show, I just do.

After the last two Matrix movies, my expectations were drastically low.

The Taiwanese (or was it Hong Kong? I can't remember) version of Dragon Ball from way back when was terrible, but oh so awesome.

Iria's live action movie sucked, as did Lupin's. Black Jack has had a few live action incarnations, and most have been pretty good.

I saw the AB trailer in the movies and it looked cool...but with Shyamalan its hit (sixth sense) or huge miss (lady in the water :sick: ).