• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

can someone tell me the gpa prices of xmen 58...

93 posts in this topic

Good analysis and perspective and I agree with all of this except for the s%(*ing on of people who ask for the data. One doesn't have to condone it or enable it by providing the data. But one also doesn't need to be a jagoff about it.

The service probably doesn't provide the value to you that it does to me. I will absolutely continue being a jagoff to the people who keep trying to get it for free around here because I want GPA to stick around. :preach::makepoint: :makepoint: :makepoint:

Which, of course, is contrary to what the owner of GPA himself has sanctioned.

:shrug:

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

I knew there was a reason I loved you....bromantically speaking, of course...

:luhv:

I'm typing this with one hand. That's cool, right?

ComicFan,

What MacMan was trying to say by telling you to search this topic was that this topic has been discussed dozens of times before, and in fact, that George has publicly stated that he is okay with the occasional public request for GPA data on the boards. I think he knows that it really does make him look like a champ and increases his brand to have people publicly interested. He's not really losing anything for the occasional cheapskate who otherwise wouldn't have joined for one purchase.

The responses you've seen here before yours from some old time, well respected posters are those that know that that is the policy and still find it offensive. I respect their position, but the fact remains that there is no strikable offense in this thread. Only an offense of offending certain posters, and certainly, arguably, one of good taste.

:eek:

ComicFan,

:eek:

:eek::eek::eek:

Since I won't be replying for the next two days, I suppose I'd better put in a little premptory ;) followed with a doh!, one of :foryou:, another :insane: and a little bitty :banana:.

( :jokealert:)

Since I won't be replying for the next two days, I suppose I'd better put in a little premptory ;) followed with a doh!, one of :foryou:, another :insane: and a little bitty :banana:.

( :jokealert:)

I thought of that exact same irony when I typed my post to you...

..always gotta quality, lest you have people thinking you're gay, and God knows, you certainly don't want that....

lol