• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Lamest Super-Hero Ever?

86 posts in this topic

Yea, I know Robin is the devil spawn...

But I hold a great place of shame for the destruction of Sandman, who lost his awesome mask and became a lame piece of .

So number one worst hero of all time has to be his ultimate lame side-kick, "Sandy The Golden Boy" (I am not making this up!).

The doom of comics...Detective Comics #38 and Adventure #69.

The horror....The horror...

Captain Marvel from the '60's done by Carl Burgos

Look it up.

Split!

Oh yeah , the green and white suit.....his powers were way cooler.

NO NO NO. The Captain Marvel Scrooge refers to is this one: Split!

Now for some truly drunken author moments, check: Matter-Eater Lad or his Legion wanna be colleague Arm Fall Off Boy.

Perhaps "the only hero with three identities" will send your cringe-o-meter off-scale (CC Beck and Otto Binder, what were you thinking): Fatman The Human Flying Saucer.

This character has the powers of a god, but the execution is so bad as to be risible. - Tod Holton - Super Green Beret.

I have posted the last link before - if you have an hour or so to kill it is a very funny critique of the funnybook.

Captain Marvel from the '60's done by Carl Burgos

Look it up.

Split!

Oh yeah , the green and white suit.....his powers were way cooler.

Now for some truly drunken author moments, check: Matter-Eater Lad or his Legion wanna be colleague Arm Fall Off Boy.

Perhaps "the only hero with three identities" will send your cringe-o-meter off-scale (CC Beck and Otto Binder, what were you thinking): Fatman The Human Flying Saucer.

This character has the powers of a god, but the execution is so bad as to be risible. - Tod Holton - Super Green Beret.

I have posted the last link before - if you have an hour or so to kill it is a very funny critique of the funnybook.

Aquaman by far.

:acclaim:

I must admit, even though he basically kicked off the entire super-hero genre, I have always thought Superman was pretty lame. The "awww shucks-ma" farmboy goodness combined with......well is there anything he can't do that's demi-god like? Vunerable to Kryptonite and magic?? C'mon some must admit that Supes is pretty lame to a certain extent.

Robin.

Aqualad ........... the wetter version of Robin

^^

The entire DC side-kick theme has levels of lamness....

Robin.....though Nightwing is likeable

Aqualad.....Tempest is an improvement

Speedy.......Arsenal also an improvement

It's like DC admitted the lame factor and tried to make them grittier with name changes and different attitudes.

Now let's go Image.....Mr. Majestic :P

How about Phat from when they relaunched X-Force a while back...c'mon I am an amateur rapper whose power is to grow flab to attack others or get attacks to bounce off of him...ugh

:P

If you want to go lame teams...maybe Great Lakes Avengers???

(which reminds me...did Big Bertha and Phat ever hook up???) hm

S.E.

Arm Fall Off Boy? For real?

That's quite the list you've compiled there. I'm already annoyed with that Captain Marvel and I've only seen the cover!

Sorry....Paste Pot Pete

When Paste Pot Pete first showed up he was pretty campy...sort of this French artist dude who had sniffed a little too much glue perhaps and gone mad...

STRANGETALES110-1.jpg

But when Marvel and company set out to modernize the dude in ST 124 WOW...now that was pretty freakin' hilarious!

STRANGETALES12460.jpg

ST (along with other Titles trying to dream up new baddies) did have some pretty strange...and LAME...villians and Plant Man certainly comes to mind...

STRANGETALES113.jpg

But for me it's gotta be this guy! ( :gossip: or at least in my Bottom 5)...

SPIDERMAN81CGC94W.jpg

Sorry....Paste Pot Pete

Easy now. PPP is on of my favorites. :sumo:

I like him also. Theres nothing wrong with a drippy paste gun!!

DRX

Hmmm, the thread within a thread......lamest super-villan ever.....Batman 180's issues i believe...Eraser or Eraser Head???

Ahhh, the Texas Twister was lame fella as well. Please correct if I'm wrong, was that not in a Torch solo FF ish???

Hmmm, the thread within a thread......lamest super-villan ever.....Batman 180's issues i believe...Eraser or Eraser Head???

Batman 188. I had a high grade copy and sold it last year, and was glad to have it out of the collection.

1_f6fc139c774800bdb8bb3b447f2363df.jpg

Sorry....Paste Pot Pete

Easy now. PPP is on of my favorites. :sumo:

I like him also. Theres nothing wrong with a drippy paste gun!!

DRX

Ahhh, the Texas Twister was lame fella as well. Please correct if I'm wrong, was that not in a Torch solo FF ish???

Texas Twister

Art by George Pérez

Publication information

Publisher Marvel Comics

First appearance Fantastic Four (1st series) #177 (Dec 1976)

Created by Roy Thomas

George Pérez

In-story information

Full name Drew Daniels