• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or are Modern CGC 9.6's worthless

102 posts in this topic

Is it just me or has the demand for CGC 9.6 moderns pretty much dried up. I have noticed thatyou can get most CGC 9.6 modern books for less than it cost to get the book graded .anywhere between $10-$15 bucks .Do you think this trend will continue

i don't think there has ever really been much of a market for modern 9.6s...

Exactly. With some few & very specific exceptions, nobody has ever really wanted modern 9.6's - especially when you're talking modern-modern (as in books from the last 15 years).

I'll also take any of the Edlund 12 Tick books in 9.6.

But would you take any recent UXM/Avengers/Fantastic Four/ASM/Superman, etc, etc, etc in 9.6? There's a huge difference between a 9.6 copy of a low print run independent and a 9.6 copy of a mainstream title.

Which you know, so I guess you're just being mean.

Meanie!

I am not a meanie! :cry:

I was merely hinting at the very crux of the question. Modern 9.6s of certain books are worthless. Why are they worthless? Crazy print run numbers! :preach:

I am not a meanie! :cry:

I was merely hinting at the very crux of the question. Modern 9.6s of certain books are worthless. Why are they worthless? Crazy print run numbers! :preach:

You're just a Green Meanie! :sumo:

green-meanie.jpg

Kidding, of course. :foryou:

Crazy print run numbers!

------------

30-60K print runs, which are fairly standard, are hardly "crazy", except "crazy low" by historical standards.

doesn't mean 9.6ses aren't super common, particularly in the context of the fairly small group of people who are actually collecting moderns in slabs and who would be willing to spend $15+ (and shipping) for the joys of encapsulation.

If anybody has any modern Batman 9.6s that are 'worthless', send them to me - I'll gladly pay the shipping (thumbs u

Then I won't even tell you about my CGC 9.4 Batman up for sale right now. That should go for pennies. :insane:

Crazy print run numbers!

------------

30-60K print runs, which are fairly standard, are hardly "crazy", except "crazy low" by historical standards.

doesn't mean 9.6ses aren't super common, particularly in the context of the fairly small group of people who are actually collecting moderns in slabs and who would be willing to spend $15+ (and shipping) for the joys of encapsulation.

(thumbs u

Crazy print run numbers!

------------

It's ALWAYS about context. (thumbs u

(thumbs u