• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it just me or are Modern CGC 9.6's worthless

102 posts in this topic

I reread some stuff and I think we actually agree. For the most part.

I'll take it!

Yes, a modern drek comic in 9.6 is a LOSS if you submitted it yourself. I agree with you on that.

I think my point about risk isn't terrible, but at the same time I don't submit these books myself. So I'm not willing to defend that course of action, just bringing something up.

And decent modern comics are being excluded from your discussion. So not ALL 9.6 comics are worthless, just the ones you want to discuss in this thread.

meh

Are you reading the same thread I'm reading? No one said every single modern 9.6 comic is worthless, in this thread or elsewhere. No one is excluding anything, either.

No one is disagreeing with your point.

There are, as has been pointed out numerous times, exceptions that make the rule. But they compose maybe 1/100th of a % of the existing modern age books, so they are a very tiny exception. You do not focus on the exceptions when you're talking about the rule.

Why are you trying to defend the exceptions so vigorously? Do you own a lot of them and want to sell?

I'm not a dealer at all. I mostly collect raw books to read and enjoy. (thumbs u

All my graded books are keys or 1st appearances. I don't have many moderns graded. Only 3.

I have 2 modern 9.6 books, but they fit the exception and are both nice books worth $100 and $200+ easily. My other modern is a 9.8.

I'm not a dealer at all. I mostly collect raw books to read and enjoy. (thumbs u

All my graded books are keys or 1st appearances. I don't have many moderns graded. Only 3.

I have 2 modern 9.6 books, but they fit the exception and are both nice books worth $100 and $200+ easily. My other modern is a 9.8.

I'm gonna guess....mmmm....Bone #2, first print, and Harbinger #1.

Am I close?

I'll end the suspense...

Invincible #1 9.6

The Walking Dead #1 9.6 SS by Tony Moore (Black Warning 1st version)

Preacher #1 9.8 SS Both Ennis and Dillon

Not bought for investment or selling. Invincible and Walking Dead are my two favorite moderns right now. The Preacher I submitted myself at Wizard World Philly this summer.

TJ:

As a whole though, percentage-wise, Moderns are virtually worthless in less than 9.6. Of course, there are examples, but that's not the point. Every single book you've named is a low print run indy.