• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading - shifting into 1st (X-men #94 FS!)

17 posts in this topic

Great color/cover gloss, numerous spine stresses, faint 3/4" edge crease right edge, a bit of wear and a tiny cc top right corner. Raw, and guaranteed unrestored, nice pages. Whatcha think?

x94.jpg

I agree with chromium . Also , I think that the bending on the spine near the top may translate into very noticeable creaseing on the back cover .

7.0 to 7.5 if the back cover didnt get creased like I imagine it might have otherwise -if it did - as I suspect , chromium seems on the money .

I had a book with similar defects (a little less spine stress) but a 3/4" TEAR and it still graded 7.5 (and that was during the CGC's fabled "ultra-strict" period!). So I would think this copy should grade *at least* a 7.5, if not an 8.0.

Gene

Okay Double-D, you're dissin' my books now - no more Defenders for you!! Hmmm...I've been meaning to pick up a nice Defenders #1 for a while now, Hulk cover and all, and I've already outbid Greggy today so I'm on a bidding frenzy!!

Not dissin' your books Dr. B...it is nice for a midgrade, but a higrade it is not! tongue.gif

I think 6.0 is fair - for this dark cover book that has not seen higher than a 9.6? I think CGC has it in bad for this baby and the creases breaking color definitely take it down a few notches.

Aesthetically I would call this a 3.0, because I personally hate this damn cover so much - it is a dark cover - not exactly black but this mucky muck swampassy green. the cover art sucks to hell and it is such a pathetic issue for the new group of x-men to debut in. Such a sad, sad start. I hate this cover with a passion, sort of a Pavlovian response to this cover stimulus and I guess I let that affect my grading so I adjusted it 3 points higher to offset my hate tongue.gif

So not to diss your books, but X-men 94 just gets my goat! Hated it! Story sucks, cover sucks really bad...

I hate this cover with a passion, sort of a Pavlovian response

Ahh...alas, the truth. Okay, your Defenders 1 high bid is safe from me for now...