• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batm #9

26 posts in this topic

have the staples been replaced? bottom one looks too clean....

+1

It looks like this book could be a excellent pressing candidate. 1.8 IMHO

A well done pressing may get the book up to a possible 2.5 IMHO.

I would seriously look into the possibility of getting this book pressed.

Have I mentioned this book is a good pressing candidate?? :roflmao::acclaim:^^

have the staples been replaced? bottom one looks too clean....

+1

It looks like this book could be a excellent pressing candidate. 1.8 IMHO

A well done pressing may get the book up to a possible 2.5 IMHO.

I would seriously look into the possibility of getting this book pressed.

Have I mentioned this book is a good pressing candidate?? :roflmao::acclaim:^^

heck, it looks like this copy would be an excellent candidate for restoration...could get a 6 or 7 out of it.

A really nice 2.0, which could be pressed to a better grade, but most likley has its original staples replaced.

It is unlikely that the staples have been replaced. This book came from a local antique dealer who picked it up in an estate along with several others of this era and some BLBs and some other kids' paper items. Almost all had the same heavy dust shadows but most also had the same nice page quality too.

But then there was a Superman 14 in same collection that I also picked up that is much rougher than this and has amatuer tape and glue repairs. Some of the tape is really old but some looks more recent. Still, i think replacing staples a bit sophisticated considering the source. There was a coverless Batman 8 in the same collection that I sold on the boards a while back too. It had beautiful pages.

But thanks for the feedback. I'll check the staples carefully because I'll be putting both books and two others from that collection in the selling thread tonight.

I wanted to comment on this book. I bought this book and received it a few days ago. This book EASILY has the freshest pages for a GA book that I have ever purchased. OO must have kept this book in a really dry meat-locker... Grade assessments seem about right as well. I'll probably have it pressed to remove the spine roll, at which point, I suspect it will make a 3.0 or so. Staples do NOT appear to have been replaced and fit the condition I would expect for a white paged GA book.

I wanted to comment on this book. I bought this book and received it a few days ago. This book EASILY has the freshest pages for a GA book that I have ever purchased. OO must have kept this book in a really dry meat-locker... Grade assessments seem about right as well. I'll probably have it pressed to remove the spine roll, at which point, I suspect it will make a 3.0 or so. Staples do NOT appear to have been replaced and fit the condition I would expect for a white paged GA book.
(worship)