• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbie with question about trimming

3 posts in this topic

Just joined the society and sent in 3 Golden Age books that I've had literally for 15 years, boarded and bagged in mylar, etc. I was stunned to see that my Subby 7 was described as trimmed! I don't have the scan yet, but I seriously question that it was trimmed. What are my options?

Thanks!

You don't really have any in regards to protesting a CGC grade. By submitting to them you agree that you accept their opinion as the leading third party grader of comics in the world and authorize them to slap their opinion on a slab containing your book. There is no guarantee or warranty associated with this slabbed grade. You could liberate the comic from the slab and re-submit (again paying all fees) in the hopes that they made a mistake, submit to PGX, or just keep it raw for yourself. Those are the breaks. What makes you think it was not trimmed? Do you know the history of the book before it came into your possession?