• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic GA for sale: Timely, Fox, Centaur!!

30 posts in this topic

Welcome to the thread! Nice selection of classic and rare books up for grabs.

The books in the shot below will be listed individually.

Please PM me with any questions or counter offers. A PM or :takeit: will buy the book.

Time payments are available... please PM me first to work that out.

I will ship Fed Ex ground from Canada to the US, and will charge $20 flat rate to ship and insure. Books should arrive within a week of shipping ground. Can ship Fed Ex express for actual shipping cost. (shipping within Canada will be slightly less)

Payment accepted: check or M.O.

Thanks for looking... hope you enjoy perusing these gems!

COMICgroupAug5.jpg

First up, the non-comics:

SCIENCE AND INVENTION magazine, from Aug. 1924, VG condition.

CLASSIC martian cover (not by Paul, but definitely inspired him later on). Nice shape, with light wear and a 2" separation of the spine at bottom of book from the interior (still complete). Good PQ, not brittle.

Classic early Hugo Gernsback, with Paul illos inside!

asking: $100

SCIINV1924cover.jpg

SCIENCE AND INVENTION magazine, from May 1925, VG+/FN condition.

Stunning copy with a GREAT dino cover, and feature story on the special effects of "The Lost World". Great PQ, light wear, just a great old mag. Incredible gold ink cover.

asking: $250

SCIINV1925cover.jpg

SCIINV1925interior.jpg

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC COMICS #3 June 1940, raw restored approximate grade of 3.0 (cream to OW pages)

Nice eye appeal on this copy; I “self-restored” this book using archival tape, to seal splits /reinforce spine, and reinforce a few CF’s. Thats it for resto work. It looks pretty solid if I do say so myself.

Wonderful colors, and nice paper, fun early Timely stories!

asking: SOLD

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC COMICS #3 June 1940, raw restored approximate grade of 3.0 (cream to OW pages)

Nice eye appeal on this copy; I “self-restored” this book using archival tape, to seal splits /reinforce spine, and reinforce a few CF’s. Thats it for resto work. It looks pretty solid if I do say so myself.

asking: $325

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

Hmmm? If that's the case, then technically this would get a blue label from CGC as they don't consider tape restoration... hm

MYSTIC COMICS #5 March 1941, raw slight restoration (Richard Munchin), 5.0 (cream to OW pages)

Very nice solid copy, with small 1/4” piece skillfully added to top left corner of cover, and rice paper spine/staple reinforcement. Stain at top left corner of back cover, does not affect interior. (Cover could have been cleaned at some point, but if so, was not disclosed to me.)

Fantastic stories by Guardineer, Gustavson, Bob Davis (check out the photo below!), Syd Shores and others. Schomberg cover. Nice paper. A really wonderful Timely.

asking: $650

MYSTIC5cover.jpg

c-2.jpg

MYSTIC5interior.jpg

KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #21 June 1940, raw 5.5 with OW to White pages

Just a solid book, with outstanding PQ, due probably to some slight water staining to back cover (which slightly ripples some of the pages in the book, but nothing significant). CF attached at top staple only (attached by one prong).

Beauty of a book, tough to find. Cool “EYE SEES!” story.

asking: $400

KDF21cover.jpg

c-3.jpg

KDF21interior.jpg

KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #23 Aug 1940, raw 4.0 with cream to OW pages

Solid copy, with some minor chiping on right edge of front cover. Piece at top of cover has been reattached with archival tape (see photo). Tanning at edges of interior covers. Cover attached at both staple, CF attached at top staple only.

Very cool, oddball Centaur stories. Yet another tough book.

asking: $175

KDF23cover.jpg

KDF23interiorcover.jpg

KDF23interior.jpg

SCIENCE COMICS #4 May 1940, CGC 3.5 (cream to OW pages) (deslabbed)

VERY high demand book, with CLASSIC Simon cover, and great Kirby sci fi story. Killer Fox book.

Solid copy, spine is splitting in three places approximately 5” in total (mostly visible at bottom spine split, see photo with red highlights indicating spine splits); cover still attached at bottom staple; C/F still attached. Great colors, nice cover gloss.

Good candidate for spine reinforcement!

Asking: SOLD

SCIENCE4cover.jpg

c.jpg

label.jpg

SCIENCE4coverspinesplit.jpg

And lastly, the Big Kahuna Burger...

WONDER COMICS #1 (FOX) May 1939, raw restored app. 5.0 (cream to OW pages) (previous CGC restored 1.8, with additional work by Matt Nelson)

Great copy, I got Matt Nelson to reinforce the cover and CF, add a 1/2” triangular piece to the bottom right corner of cover, and clean the covers. Unfortunately, there was some black staining that did not come out. It mainly affects the back cover. There is also some very minor color touch.

Very nice and solid for the grade. Nice PQ, a great Bob Kane story (same month that TEC 27 came out). When does this book ever come up for sale? Won't be too heart broken if this one doesn't sell.

Will include original CGC label and Matt Nelson's paperwork.

asking: $1800

WONDER1cover.jpg

c-1.jpg

WONDER1interior.jpg

WONDER1cgclabel.jpg

Solid copy, spine is splitting in three places approximately 5” in total (mostly visible at bottom spine split, see photo with red highlights indicating spine splits); cover still attached at bottom staple; C/F still attached. Great colors, nice cover gloss.

Glad you mention the spine split since I was scratching my head on how this was only 3.5. Great looking book. Good luck (thumbs u

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

VERY high demand book, with CLASSIC Simon cover, and great Kirby sci fi story. Killer Fox book.

Asking: $550

SCIENCE4cover.jpg

c.jpg

label.jpg

PM sent

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

SCIENCE4cover.jpg

c.jpg

label.jpg

PM sent

:takeit: on both per pm.

Thanks Ryan!

Now for the comics...

Nice eye appeal on this copy; I self-restored this book using archival tape, to seal splits /reinforce spine, and reinforce a few CFs. Thats it for resto work. It looks pretty solid if I do say so myself.

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

Hmmm? If that's the case, then technically this would get a blue label from CGC as they don't consider tape restoration... hm

buy it, its an early timely for godssake. Im broke

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

SCIENCE4cover.jpg

c.jpg

label.jpg

PM sent

Thanks Ryan!

MYSTIC 3 and SCIENCE 4 sold by PM!! Thanks!

Man, I'll miss that SCIENCE 4...

Now for the comics...

MYSTIC3cover.jpg

c-4.jpg

MYSTIC3interior.jpg

SCIENCE4cover.jpg

c.jpg

label.jpg

PM sent

Thanks Ryan!

Very tough book...lucky, lucky buyer!! :applause:

KEEN DETECTIVE FUNNIES #23 Aug 1940, raw 4.0 with cream to OW pages

Solid copy, with some minor chiping on right edge of front cover. Piece at top of cover has been reattached with archival tape (see photo). Tanning at edges of interior covers. Cover attached at both staple, CF attached at top staple only.

Very cool, oddball Centaur stories. Yet another tough book.

asking: $175

KDF23cover.jpg

KDF23interiorcover.jpg

KDF23interior.jpg

Nice books Ryan..... :headbang:

Nice price on this one....Too bad I'm tapped out right now.... :sorry:

Good luck with the sale... :wishluck: