• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheetah's First Ever Con Report

117 posts in this topic

I got back from WW Chicago about 1:00 am local time. I spent Thursday and Friday combing $2 boxes for any and all of the books I need to complete my Avengers set. Along the way, I met more than a few boardies, found too few of the Avengers, and way too many other things to spend my money on. I thought I'd drop a few photos in here for all the folks that missed the first two days.

The lovely skyline of Chicago. I went right through downtown on the way up. It cost 30 minutes in traffic, about the same as going around the city.

CIMG0348.jpg

I got in on an exhibitor's pass thanks to Paul Mullins of Comic Book World. Paul is a really great guy and you should stop by his booth at any show where he's set up. That's Jason helping him out.

CIMG0388.jpg

Here is DrWatson manning Dale Robert's booth on Friday. I got a nice book from Dale but didn't get a picture. Dale had a ton of stuff at the show and I saw him buying more.

CIMG0389.jpg

I ran into Roy on Friday. Really nice guy. I don't know why people won't sell him a Captain America #1. (That's me, the other guy in the photo.)

CIMG0371.jpg

I ran into Roy on Friday. Really nice guy. I don't know why people won't sell him a Captain America #1. (That's me, the other guy in the photo.)

CIMG0371.jpg

Good to put a face to the name, Jeff. :applause:

Best report from Wizard Chicago so far. Did you get any pics of retired wrestlers? :cool:

Ahem...the man never actually acknowledged my presence. I think he's got belly implants. That thing looked like it might pop at any moment.

CIMG0373.jpg

Best report from Wizard Chicago so far. Did you get any pics of retired wrestlers? :cool:

And I'm having a lot of competition, aren't I?

Good to put a face to the name, Jeff. :applause:

Here's another one Garry. I met up with Bill Breck, another avid Avengers fan. BiIl snapped up a ton of HG SA from a bunch of dealers. That's Bill the left savagely beating Bob Storms down on cost. Bob got so flustered he had to call for security. Spiderman-on-Tilt is in the background, staying out of the fray. I think I heard him praying for his safety.

CIMG0360.jpg

Keep going with the pix! (thumbs u

Behind you in the pic with Roy appears to be John Hauser, a dealer who doesn't travel so much anymore, but had a big impact by helping to bring both the Curator and Green River pedigrees to market.

Here is DrWatson manning Dale Robert's booth on Friday. I got a nice book from Dale but didn't get a picture. Dale had a ton of stuff at the show and I saw him buying more.

CIMG0389.jpg

Our own Billy "Hello PAL!" Parker just to the right.

I got to meet the lovely and talented Steve Borock. Don't think you could ask for a nicer guy. I picked up a couple of very early Jumbo Comics that he looked at for me. Turned out the covers had been glued to the staples and I was able to return them.

CIMG0358.jpg

Here's Ted from Superworld Comics. I bought the Jumbo's from Ted (that's them in the upper right of his display board) and he took them back without any hesitation. You learn more about dealers when there are potential problems than you do with a hundred good transactions.

CIMG0366.jpg