• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The official "Show us your loot from Chicago Comic-Con 2009" thread!

142 posts in this topic

Figured it was time for people to start showing off their submissions, purchases & trades from the 2009 Chicago Comic-Con.

Compared to previous years, there was a noticeable drop in the number of vendors & creators who were present, but I still had a great time over the last 4 days - and it was awesome to meet & re-meet a ton of boardies.

Special thanks goes out to mutantkeys, jonjesper, unknownworlds, gothamcentral and desertwind comics for taking great care of my books, to the CGC people who worked their asses off all weekend, and to klozd24seven for letting me loiter in his booth for hours on end - 'twas a pleasure being around you all.

Anyway ... on with the loot!

A bunch more on-site submissions ...

A stack of Sandman's I needed for my registry set:

wwchicago_2009_loot2.jpg

That Johnny the Homicidal Maniac #1 Special Edition is not an easy book to find in

high grade - I thought this was a 9.6, but oh well.

wwchicago_2009_loot3.jpg

Death: HCOL #1 Platinum triple-signed by Chris Bachalo, Dave McKean and Mark

Buckingham - courtesy of Desertwind comics. Fables #1 signed by Alex Maleev.

wwchicago_2009_loot4.jpg

More Sandman goodies - the one on the left has a Sandman sketch by Jill Thompson

(who was rather confused by the whole windowbag concept)

wwchicago_2009_loot5.jpg

Madman & Goon

wwchicago_2009_loot6.jpg

My first ever 10.0's from an on-site submission :banana:

wwchicago_2009_loot7.jpg

Bought the Sandman #50 Platinum from jonjesper - it'll see some more signatures later this year.

wwchicago_2009_loot8.jpg

Nice books. Did you have your on-site submissions pre-screened?

DRX

Death commission by Andy Bennett

wwchicago_2009_loot9.jpg

Delerium sketch by David Mack

wwchicago_2009_loot10.jpg

Hellboy commission by Andy Brase

wwchicago_2009_loot11.jpg

Golden Age Sandman commission by Matt Wagner

wwchicago_2009_loot12.jpg

Golden Age Sandman commission by Andy Bennett

wwchicago_2009_loot13.jpg

Bought the Sandman #50 Platinum from jonjesper - it'll see some more signatures later this year.

wwchicago_2009_loot8.jpg

Nice books. Did you have your on-site submissions pre-screened?

DRX

No - I never have enough volume to do a pre-screen ...

All the books I've shown in this thread were submitted raw by me (apart from the Sandman #50 Platinum, I bought that slabbed from JJ).

On-site grading means instant gratification - and nothing's better than getting some sweet Daredevil's back (the one on the left is an Oakland copy).

wwchicago_2009_loot1.jpg

Nice Daredevil # 2. I submitted a # 5 I bought off Motor City last year that was graded a 9.2. Came back today 8.0 :o .

DRX

On-site grading means instant gratification - and nothing's better than getting some sweet Daredevil's back (the one on the left is an Oakland copy).

Nice Daredevil # 2. I submitted a # 5 I bought off Motor City last year that was graded a 9.2. Came back today 8.0 :o .

DRX

I'm sorry to hear that - did you think it was a 9.2 as well prior to the submission?

Those GA Sandman commissions are HOT! Great art, indeed!

Especially the Wagner.

Yeah, I've been wanting a piece from him for some time now - he's definitely not cheap, but he really delivers on the larger commissions.

DRX

I'm sorry to hear that - did you think it was a 9.2 as well prior to the submission?

Well, when I bought it last year I didnt have the eyes I have now for grading. When I bought it, at the time I thought it was more like a 9.0, and they did lower the price a little. After I started getting a little more in tune with the upper grade books, I really didnt think it was going to come back 9.0 or higher. I did think it had a shot at 8.5 though. But, it is what it is. Still a decent book though. But I did snag a nice # 16 Daredevil at the show. CGC 9.0.

DRX