• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Running two auctions for ONE book ?

4 posts in this topic

I wanted to get a few opinions on this issue. I don't mind that someone runs an auction with a BIN price (obviously). I do think that it is wrong to run TWO auctions for the same copy of one book. The first auction at $1 opening bid, NO B.I.N. and NO reserve, the second for a very high B.I.N.. I just don't think that it is correct to lead on the people in the first auction without letting them know that the potential is so very obviously there for a " item is no longer available " end to the auction. I noticed that a board member seems to be doing this, and the current census and old label seems to support my theory he only has one copy. The auction(s) are for an Iron Man 100 35 cent variant, so you can search if you want....but I want to see if you think I am out of line.?. smirk.gif

hi.gif That's my copy.. I've had the $400 BIN in my store for months now and NO ONE has expressed interest. I just tried to take it over to regular auctions on free listing day on ebay u.k. and failed...

I honestly don't think the $400 bin will be hit now that it is only $71 on the regular auction.

asfor other double listings, I actually have enough copies to cover, like the DG 1 chromium cgc 9.6 - was just too lazyto scan the other one just yet

did not intend to lead anyone on...if someone hits that ridiculoysly high BIN then I'm sure the bidders will understand as i do invite folks to check out my store in all my descriptions so the risk is known confused-smiley-013.gif