• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling ASM 300 9.8

32 posts in this topic

nice book. but FYI - a forum member just sold a white paged CGC 9.8 for $710. :gossip: good luck though. :wishluck: (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=168011&Number=3368284#Post3368284

(tsk)

Last GPA sale is $800 - this is not an unreasonable price.

i never said the price was unreasonable, just letting the noob the FYI. :slapfight:

Is the new rule that we all have to sell at or below the best price on the boards? (shrug)

:popcorn:

nice book. but FYI - a forum member just sold a white paged CGC 9.8 for $710. :gossip: good luck though. :wishluck: (thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=168011&Number=3368284#Post3368284

(tsk)

i never said the price was unreasonable, just letting the noob the FYI. :slapfight:

Is the new rule that we all have to sell at or below the best price on the boards? (shrug)

New Rule is you have to see to me at cover price

(tsk)

I would not expect expect to see price matching in this small forum. Sometimes a boardie sells something at firesale prices and not everyone can afford to match that. When it's gone, it's gone. But I do look for a competitive price relative (lower than) to GPA! :idea:

(tsk)

I would not expect expect to see price matching in this small forum. Sometimes a boardie sells something at firesale prices and not everyone can afford to match that. When it's gone, it's gone. But I do look for a competitive price relative (lower than) to GPA! :idea:

Not sure I can agree with that (Lower than GPA), after all fair market price is the market price. and one way to gage the market price is GPA.

By no means is this an exact science, I recognize that there are outliers (Books sold way above or below) the average of set market price. I feel that these should be discounted when you judge or estimate the price that the market is setting, as statistically insignificant. 2c

The true measure of the market price (value) is not only what a person is willing to pay for any given book but also the price that a seller is willing to part with a book, auctions notwithstanding.

I posted this book here on this forum so I could give the members here a first shot at this key book. The price I set was I felt a reasonable assessment of the market value of this book. To be completely honest selling the book here is lower risk than auction sites (One bad week on eBay could result in a sale of $500 for this book :pullhair:) and there are also no fees associated with the sale; so there are two up sides.

I do want to say that if everyone were to sell at lower than GPA listed prices, the value of the industries key books would eventually hit a level where collecting does not make any sense.

You don't need to justify your asking price. This isn't some random book. It's ASM 300. Probably (one of) the most sought after books of the copper/modern era. In 9.8.

It's certainly not unreasonable by any stretch.

Now, it doesn't compete with the price that BK posted a few days ago. But, let's be honest folks, how many people post books that can compete (price wise) with Brian's books?

One thing everyone forgets about GPA, all the books listed there have some type of sellers fee that you don't pay here.

Some fee's are quite high, Heritage has a 19.5% buyers premium, plus sellers fees, Pedigree and Clinks are 10%, Ebay fee's depend on the type of sale. The bottom line is, they all charge extra to sell a book, and only the final hammer price is reflected in the GPA. (not what the seller actually recieved for the book)

I'm not taking either side on this, I just wanted to mention that GPA is not accurate when it's used for private or board sales. That being said, I see books listed here all the time for GPA and higher, so he is doing nothing unusual or out of line. Some books transcend GPA so thereby making it irrelevent. (particularly keys and signature books)

Carry on (thumbs u

$800 to $850 is a fair price on this book, bottom line.

You'll find no matter where you go, someone will try to talk you down, but as chrisco said, this is a key copper book, always in demand, and while the price fluxes, $800 in the nice median for that book.

I think summer on Ebay is kind of slow because people are at the beach, and as the weather gets colder, more people are inside on the computer (or at the office fiddle farting around on ebay ) ;)

If you don't need the money right away, just be patient, you'll get your price :thumbsup:

The price is completely reasonable and pointing out that the book recently sold at a lower price....well, I think that was poor judgement at best.