• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead Movie

99 posts in this topic

It would be a good series on HBO not a movie. Just like the Preacher series......

(thumbs u

Hopefully AMC is smart enough to keep it moody and edgy, but with just enough humor in it..

Wild departures from the book, all.

hahaha.

i guess the first post pretty much saying the series sucked was a true representation of your thoughts on it.

that settles it. lego is right and all of us WD fans are just fools for falling for kirkman's take on the zombie mythos.

j

you really want to read some craptastic zombie books...pick up that turd from dead dog comics night of the living dead barb's something or other...shameful that someone would take romero's original idea and bastardise it into that pile of a series.

Please. Anyone who is a fan of the living dead/zombie genre is well-acquainted with crummy storytelling (see also: Brian Keene). I'm not saying anyone who likes TWD is a "fool", but it is a series certainly not worthy of the universal praise it receives around here.

That said, pardon me for having an opinion. :baiting:

(And, for the record, I'll be super-excited if AMC follows through with this... provided Kirkman isn't writing it.)

not saying you shouldn't have an opinion. just messin with ya.

i'm just about drained with everything going on in my world.

short fuse.

j

:(:foryou:

In completely OT news, I both sent in and received my replacement XBox in the span of a week!

short fuse.

j

In completely OT news, I both sent in and received my replacement XBox in the span of a week!

Figures an X-box fan wouldn't like the Walking Dead :baiting:

M$ is just replacing the deadboxes now. not fixing them or anything.

cost effectivness is the name of the game.

my last one had a 2 week turnaround time. kind of irritated because the replacement had the noisier drive in it.

love my ps3 and it being so quiet.

j

short fuse.

j

:roflmao:

Hey, wait a sec. I'm an X-Box fan! :o

Well, I guess I'll have to side with Lego. All of my Walking dead books will now be shredded and placed as bedding for my guinea pig.

short fuse.

j

:roflmao:

Hey, wait a sec. I'm an X-Box fan! :o

Well, I guess I'll have to side with Lego. All of my Walking dead books will now be shredded and placed as bedding for my guinea pig.

Why do you hate your guinea pig?? I'm calling PETA.

It would be a good series on HBO not a movie. Just like the Preacher series......

If anything, I bet HBO chose Preacher over TWD. I seriously doubt that HBO did not have a shot at getting it. They probably just chose a different project and wont put all the eggs in one basket with more than one adapted comic show.

If anything, I bet HBO chose Preacher over TWD. I seriously doubt that HBO did not have a shot at getting it. They probably just chose a different project and wont put all the eggs in one basket with more than one adapted comic show.

Actually, Preacher has been in predevelopment limbo with HBO for a few years now. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.

Same thing also happened with Marc Hempel's Tug & Buster.

Actually, Preacher has been in predevelopment limbo with HBO for a few years now. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on it.

That's right.... I forgot. I think it is not going to be a series and presented as a single feature film now, directed by Sam Mendes

I just finished volume 5 of WD and I am not even a little impressed. Of course, I've been hearing for years how great it is so maybe my expectations were too high. I don't find it either smart or sophisticated. I frequently find it predicable and boring and, at times, almost embarassing.

Having said that, 5 was the best volume so far, so maybe it will get better. I do have 6-10 yet to go.

I just finished volume 5 of WD and I am not even a little impressed. Of course, I've been hearing for years how great it is so maybe my expectations were too high. I don't find it either smart or sophisticated. I frequently find it predicable and boring and, at times, almost embarassing.

(thumbs u

Having said that, 5 was the best volume so far, so maybe it will get better. I do have 6-10 yet to go.

Do you have any recommendations for series that are smart and sophisticated?

I mean, Led Zeppelin didn't write tunes everybody liked. They left that to the Bee Gees.

Wait, I was getting the impression that everyone (except me) likes TWD! Uh-oh. That can only mean one thing:

I've stumbled into Bee Gee country. :fear:

Sure...Preacher, Sandman, Y:The Last Man, a few arcs in Hellblazer.

And anything with Aquaman in it.

Fables

Strangers In Paradise

Love & Rockets

Dan Slott's "She-Hulk"

Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing"

Grant Morrison's "Animal Man"