• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Walking Dead Movie

99 posts in this topic

the mention of killing for shock value is true to a point, but i find the "no one is safe" mentality that kirkman uses is great. and is a fresh take on comics where characters stay dead until the publisher needs to improve sales.

too many books are safe and don't kill characters that are important to the story, this is where i feel kirkman shines.

he kills off the wife of a character who was central to keeping the protaganist sane and

then has to develop that character even more to continue the storyline.

captain america this is not. the dead stay dead until they come back as zombies.

i really like this title, if you don't, thats cool. it definately is not for everyone.

j

No spoilers!!!!! :sumo:

Not all of us read it monthly.

I also appreciate that Kirkman will kill of "important" characters. It seems more "realistic" (as much as a book about zombies can be) that way. It keeps the tension up throughout the book. Why should only characters that are secondary be the only ones in real danger?

the mention of killing for shock value is true to a point, but i find the "no one is safe" mentality that kirkman uses is great. and is a fresh take on comics where characters stay dead until the publisher needs to improve sales.

too many books are safe and don't kill characters that are important to the story, this is where i feel kirkman shines.

he kills off the wife of a character who was central to keeping the protaganist sane and

captain america this is not. the dead stay dead until they come back as zombies.

i really like this title, if you don't, thats cool. it definately is not for everyone.

j

:applause: Well said Jay :applause:

Can we start a thread in General about The Goon so everyone can voice their negativity about my other favorite title? :cry:

How could anyone have anything negative to say about The Goon?

Oh, they would find a way! :cry:

Can we start a thread in General about The Goon so everyone can voice their negativity about my other favorite title? :cry:

How could anyone have anything negative to say about The Goon?

Ugh. Utter tripe.

(Just kidding. I love it.)

j

Nice point !! I would agree !