• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOE SIMON and STAN LEE- THE BEST SIGNING EVER~! Details Inside

140 posts in this topic

Quick Update-

I just got back from LA. All books are safe and sound. I took a good bit of Stan Photos.

The signing was successful. It got a wee bit busy at the end because Stan had movie producers waiting in the other office.

The only negative happened on a client book where the client wrote a box in sharpie, but did not cut the hole out. Then also made another real hole. Sadly I did not notice and Stan signed on the plastic.

The positive is that there are no smudged sigs.

The advice that I want to pass on to anyone participating in my signings in the future is that .

1. Make your windows BIGGER!. Small windows are unacceptable.

2. OUTLINE the windows with sharpie. (This way the plastic does not get written on.)

3. If you send me books that are not prepared properlly I will begin charging a prep fee. :(

Alright so when I get home from my dayjob today I will post some photos. The signing was a lot of fun, Bill (CollectingStanLee) and I had a great time.

Gotta run.........

OKAY HERE IS THE REAL UPDATE- NYC STYLE ;)

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/JoeAndStan1020And1027#

Well you guys asked for Photos so here you go.

All I can say is this- THANKS!

Paul and Kevin- You know you rock ;)

Chris did an awesome job prepping everyone's books and handling the Joe Simon signing like a pro. (I help prep too, but he is in charge of that.)

Bill (CollectingStanLee) did an awesome job setting everything up with Mr. Simon and Mr. Lee. Also thanks again for showing me a good time out in LA....You guys in California do it right! I saw the weather forecast before I flew back to Cold Rainy NY and it was like 10 straight days of Sun.........no clouds even in the graphic. :) (I am not sure who runs a smoother signing......Bill or Chris lol )

Mr. Lee and Mr. Simon were absolutely the legends that they are. Personally getting to know these two and be on a first name basis with them is something I will never forget for the rest of my life.

It is interesting to hang out with Stan for an hour or so. (I have done this twice now.) The stories that he shares and the aura that he resonates are something that are impressionable and something you instantly recognize. If any of you follow Stan on twitter- YES it really is him writing those posts. (I don't go on twitter, however I told Todd McFarlane I would ask Stan if it was really him. Todd was fascinated at how perfectly the character spaces are used in the post.) So if you don't follow him, I guess you should now ;) Aside from that he told Bill and I that we should come back every morning with a hundred books...........and that he would even buy breakfast. So that is a very good thing to have an open invitation back whenever we want. We will not be doing any more private signings this year, but hopefully we will set something up in the future. :)

Getting to head over to Joe Simon's place twice within a month was very cool. His family and friends are awesome people. It is really spectacular to hang out with Joe and watch and listen to him tell stories of how he and Kirby used to work together. He pulled out some old photos and I was blown away........God living in those times must have been cool. He truly is one of the kindest people I have met. I also feel like...........wow he embodies everything that is/was great about America. It was awesome talking politics with him, talking about cigars, getting advice.....there is so much more, but he just has such great ideals. Truly someone I admire. The good news is that he sincerely likes hanging out with Chris and I and he told us to stop bye whenever. We will not be doing any more private signings this year, but hopefully we can set something up in the future. :)

So I hope that is a good enough summary for you guys. These last few months I have spent a ton of time dedicated toward the almighty Yellow Label. It has been great meeting lots of you in Baltimore and NY, and it has also been great corresponding with you guys through pm's and emails. If you have any extra questions feel free to send me a pm. I will get back to you.

All the best,

Sean

Thanks for the awesome report! I had been wondering if Stan was really doing all his own Tweeting!

lol

Also, thanks for the opportunity! If you can convince Joe or Stan to come even remotely close to Arkansas, I'll do all your prep work on all the books!

Sean, the pictures came out great. It adds a lot to the history of the signing to also have the photo with the certified sig. Next time I hope we can get even more photos. Good job!

Bill.

Ps. I can't wait to get the Romita sketch that is also signed by Stan Lee back from CGC. It went out standard tier today. As soon as I have that masterpiece back in my hands I will scan and share. Yeeha!