• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JOE SIMON and STAN LEE- THE BEST SIGNING EVER~! Details Inside

140 posts in this topic

So today was an amazing day. Chris and I are very happy to announce that we had a fantastic signing with Mr. Simon. All signatures came out fantastic, no smudges at all. Many requests were met.

Some awesome books were signed today and big thanks to all clients who got their books to me in an orderly manner. We are sorting through them now and preparing to mail some finished books into CGC this week. The rest we are hanging on to for Stan.

Anyways here are some photos. I tried my best to take as many as I could. As far as the technicality of the signing- Mr. Simon takes a good bit of time to sign his name, he also liked taking time to find a nice spot on each book. For the most part all books stayed in their windows. Sometimes they were removed to achieve optimal signature placement. Most of the signatures were silver and black with a few red ones in there.

Any specific questions feel free to PM or email me. I will post a few photos and if you want to look through the others click this link and see if you see your book!

All the best,

Sean

IMG_4446.JPG

IMG_4448.JPG

http://picasaweb.google.com/NYComics/Sep292009#

PS NYComics will be in Baltimore (Booth 111) and NY (Booth TBA) accepting submissions on sight for Stan Lee and Joe Simon. Our next signing with Mr. Simon is 10/20 so if you want to mail us books you have until 10/17. For Mr. Stan Lee the mail in deadline is 10/23/09. PM me your email address for the forms.

Thanks. Yeah Mr. Simon is still actively working. That is his sketching table.

I like trying to take as many photos as possible. This way you can copy the photo to go along with your book if you see it in there.

D-Bill- The reason I missed your interior ball point pen signature is because I was to busy handling that book to remember to take a photo. It happens (shrug)

Same goes for the other photos I missed. It is just tough because you want to make sure that the ink dries. We also had limited space to lay things out to let them dry.

Thanks for all the pm's guys :)

Sean,

Thanks again for this wonderful opportunity. This is my first Signature Series I have ever done and I'm very excited to get the books back. Did someone have a Captain America Comics #1 signed? :o Looks to be the original print. Whomever owns that book bravo! I do see my book in the photo gallery :cool:

can't say whose it is but yeah.

Even Joe was nervous signing that one.

I am glad you guys are happy. Good job getting into signature series!

Speaking of thanks I would just like to say thanks to

-My Clients

-Joe Simon and his awesome family.

-Paul Litch and Kevin Boyd

-CGC!

Hi All-

So the books that were just meant to be signed by Mr. Simon were all overnighted to CGC yesterday, they should be arriving today.

I will be out of town for a few days please pardon me if I do not get back to pm's and emails until Sunday night. (Going golfing to support the National Law Enforcement Memorial Museum. It is getting built in 2012 and I am trying to get the lighting design contract for it! Wish me Luck :wishluck:)