• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slabbed Runs

22 posts in this topic

Many of us on here are looking to complete a full raw run of whatever we collect, but how many of us are after or thinking about a complete slabbed run? Most of the major titles out there are too costly to ever completely slab, but is anyone on here actually pursuing it? Most of the registry sets have been butchered into so many smaller sub-sets that any full run attempt is discouraging and will go unrecognized. So? Anyone here brave enough or rich enough? cool.gif

Ok. I'll fess up. I'm working on JLA 1-50, Mystery In Space 75 and Brave and Bold 28-30 in 9.4 and up. The B&B part may be a pipe dream but I can get by with my 8.0 copy of #29 as a start. I have 40 out of 50 JLA in 9.0 or up. With 29 of those being at my goal of 9.4 or better. Time, and bank account, will tell if I can fulfill the dream 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Acesilver, welcome to the boards. Its great to see another jla fanatic on board. Your aiming for a pretty ambitious run there with those jla's. I however, can only wish to be able to afford early 9.0 to 9.4s. For my JLA 1-150 im aiming for 6.0-7.0s at the best, but from 151-261 i will insist on at least 9.4s. cool.gif

I'm working on a higher grade Avengers set myself. I'm like what, running last on the registry? Yeah, it's going to take sometime.... Not in any hurry though - figure I have a good 30 years of collecting ahead of me!! I already have a lot of them raw, but just haven't bothered getting them slabbed. I'm also looking at other CGC books, but that's the only one I want to complete as a CGC run.