• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In The Gold Room

11 posts in this topic

Not to be confused with 'Got a comic room??? Showcase it here! ' in General,

'Golden Age group shot' in Gold, or even Cream's 'White Room'

. . . If you have a room dedicated to displaying your Golden Age Comics . . . let's see it . . ..

DSC00001-1.jpg

The cracked slabs are recycled (mostly bronze age X-men that are of no value). I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a box of 80 1/2 inch velcro tabs and put 4 per slab on the mounted boards. The slabs come off very easily and the comics can be swapped out.

That's a very unusual display, but then, the purple walls are pretty unusual to begin with! At first glance, I thought the blue areas were indentations of the wall. But it appears that each blue section is something attached or hanging on the wall. Nice job with the velcro attachments.

On another note, are those slabs in any way UV protected? (Keeping the comics from fading) Are CGC cases UV protected? What's the story about displaying comics in rooms with natural light -- is it safe as long as there's no direct sunlight? (I notice this room's placement of comics would be unlikely to get light from that window.)

I look forward to seeing some other displays. There's an EC Comics guy on these boards, a guy from Canada, who has an amazing set-up for showing off his remarkable collection.

What's the story about displaying comics in rooms with natural light -- is it safe as long as there's no direct sunlight?

I've been displaying comics for many years now with no issues at all. I've been rotating the displays about every three weeks. My house sites in the woods. Hence, no worries about direct sunlight exposure.

the purple walls . . .

I was taken back by the brightness of the walls when I saw the .jpg for the first time . In reality, the room is dark and subdued in purple. With my yellow counter top, it has a very pleasant feel all together.

As for the editorial comments, they have been forwarded to my interior designer . . .

Princepurplerain.jpg