• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1800 + on ebay, gold, silver,bronze and more.

50 posts in this topic

Link doesn't work and the page won't load when I search for the item number:

confused.gif

edit:

893frustrated.gif

It's eBay or me because I can't get any eBay page to load right now.

It would be nice if I had the money...

Don't worry.

By the time you are old enough to afford them, the crash will have occured and you can get all the old comics you want at a dime on the dollar! thumbsup2.gif

inside joke smirk.gif

I thought we already had the crash?!?!??!?!! foreheadslap.gif

Silly rabbit, we need a few more comic-based movies to tank in order for the correction to really take shape. Sure Daredevil, Hulk and LXG stunk up the joint, but that's nothing compared to what's coming down the pipe.

Swamp Thing, Punisher, Werewolf, Ghost Rider, and a ton of low-budget crapola is heading to a video rental shop near you. 27_laughing.gif

Silly rabbit, we need a few more comic-based movies to tank in order for the correction to really take shape. Sure Daredevil, Hulk and LXG stunk up the joint, but that's nothing compared to what's coming down the pipe.

Swamp Thing, Punisher, Werewolf, Ghost Rider, and a ton of low-budget crapola is heading to a video rental shop near you. 27_laughing.gif

Let's not talk crash here.......

As a comics fan, don't you at least hope that some of these would be good?

I do....

Jim

Sure, and I paid my money to go see Spidey, X1 and X2, and bought the DVDs as well.

On the other hand, Daredevil and the Hulk were painful to watch, and LXG was merely average (though the ending blew chunks), and this whole "comic book movie" phenomenon is following the usual HW cycle.

Put out the prime characters in big-budget spectacles, then sucker the rummies with low-brow, lower-budget crapola. And P.S. since the BO failure of these second-tier adaptations, budgets have dropped even further.

Some may say it's negative thinking, but I see a definite downward spiral in the quality of the non-Spidey/X-men movies, and they'll have to pump out a classic for this trend to reverse itself. If they buck the trend, I'll be in there spending my money, but I don't pay for drek just to be a "true fan" who compensates a comic book movie simply for existing.

Sure, and I paid my money to go see Spidey, X1 and X2, and bought the DVDs as well.

On the other hand, Daredevil and the Hulk were painful to watch, and LXG was merely average (though the ending blew chunks), and this whole "comic book movie" phenomenon is following the usual HW cycle.

Put out the prime characters in big-budget spectacles, then sucker the rummies with low-brow, lower-budget crapola. And P.S. since the BO failure of these second-tier adaptations, budgets have dropped even further.

Some may say it's negative thinking, but I see a definite downward spiral in the quality of the non-Spidey/X-men movies, and they'll have to pump out a classic for this trend to reverse itself. If they buck the trend, I'll be in there spending my money, but I don't pay for drek just to be a "true fan" who compensates a comic book movie simply for existing.

So, you thought "Hulk" was "painful to watch"... but you thought that LXG was "merely average"???????

27_laughing.gif I'll take that into consideration the next time you start ranting about the quality of... well... anything. 27_laughing.gif

Howard the Duck had Lea Thompson cloud9.gif I wish the plot was more along a Marvel Max storyline frown.gif

Underworld shows promise as a comic based (was it?) movie and Resident Evil 2: Apocalypse looking interesting - I'm just a fan of the PSX games and spent numberous hours trying to improve my time on RE2 - all so I could play the extra level as a piece of tofu armed with a knife confused.gif

So, you thought "Hulk" was "painful to watch"... but you thought that LXG was "merely average"???????

27_laughing.gif I'll take that into consideration the next time you start ranting about the quality of... well... anything. 27_laughing.gif

Feel free to do anything you want, but although LXG was not a good movie, at least it has a semblance of a story and a goal. The Hulk was a storyless, meaningless, characterless, actor-less, goal-less mish-mash of CGI effects.

I'm not 3 years old, so even a horrible story gets a nod over a non-existent one.

Feel free to do anything you want, but although LXG was not a good movie, at least it has a semblance of a story and a goal. The Hulk was a storyless, meaningless, characterless, actor-less, goal-less mish-mash of CGI effects.

I'm not 3 years old, so even a horrible story gets a nod over a non-existent one.

What kind of a story were you looking for? It was a movie about the relationship between a boy and his father. I think it was truer to Stan's original idea than the Hulk detractors know. I understand that the nuances could be lost on the casual viewer... or maybe "Joe Moviegoer" (not YOU, Joe, of course) might be confused by the "comic book" movie that wasn't.

Were there not enough explosions to hold your attention? confused-smiley-013.gif

What kind of a story were you looking for? It was a movie about the relationship between a boy and his father.

Exactly, it was a movie about nothing. The Hulk wanted nothing, he did nothing (plot wise), the story progressed no where, the mish-mash ending resolved nothing, etc., etc..

It was the Seinfeld version of a superhero movie.

Now don't try and pass The Hulk off as some high-brow "father and son" drama, as it included a wafer-thin plot designed to make big bucks off the CGI effects.

I liked all three (DD, Hulk & LGX), but then I'm easily entertained. wink.gif

No joke. grin.gif

Now tell us about your exciting evening spent between watching "The Incredible Fly on the Wall!" and "The Slowly Drying Paint". 27_laughing.gif