• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Amazing Fantasy 15 CGC 5.0

32 posts in this topic

Any idea if the book would be more desirable and/or have a higher FMV with "married pages" as opposed to "missing pages?" So we're comparing apples to apples, let's say the book came back as a 5.0 with "married pages."

I would think so as at least the book would be complete.

I personally do not have much of a problem with married pages because they are from the same print run. Yes they are foreign to that specific book, but as close to original as possible.

I normally hate car analogies but it would be like finding a vintage factory part to replace a rusted one.

Terrific looking copy I bet the colors are much better in person, good luck with the sale...you should put up a BC scan.

I wonder if the missing wraps were taken from this book to marry up to an even better copy hm

Either way - still a nice looking book and in the slab, who cares if it is missing pages, you can't read the book anyway...

I wonder if the missing wraps were taken from this book to marry up to an even better copy hm

Interesting thought. Although I would think it would need to be a much better looking copy. Otherwise why would you take a perfectly good, mid-grade, blue label and steal pages from it? You'd wind up with 1 PLOD and 1 GLOD book, neither probably worth as much as a straight 5.0, blue. That's my guess anyway.

Any idea if the book would be more desirable and/or have a higher FMV with "married pages" as opposed to "missing pages?" So we're comparing apples to apples, let's say the book came back as a 5.0 with "married pages."

I would think so as at least the book would be complete.

Married pages v. Incomplete? No contest! If a book is incomplete, even low grade collectors will be looking for a deal--not unattractive, but certainly looking for a price break. If the book is married though, that's a MUCH more desirable book.

I personally do not have much of a problem with married pages because they are from the same print run. Yes they are foreign to that specific book, but as close to original as possible.

I normally hate car analogies but it would be like finding a vintage factory part to replace a rusted one.

Terrific looking copy I bet the colors are much better in person, good luck with the sale...you should put up a BC scan.

I think much the same way...I don't like trimming etc, but married pages/covers...cool...still the "same" book (thumbs u

Good luck with the [font:Courier New] QUALIFIED [/font] grade

I know you're new... but we don't thread krap here (i.e. critique others or make snarky remarks to them in their sales threads).

Best of luck on the sale! Definitely the right copy for someone with the extra scratch and a coverless copy to be cannibalized! :applause:

What he said! :makepoint: