• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please help me grade this one...

25 posts in this topic

They must be on the web and have a URL.

I don't think being in your server's account email box for downloading counts as a URL.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Thanks fellas, it seems it's working...

What do you guys think of the grade for the above comics?

They work for you because they are in your temp files.

Unfortunately for the rest of us... frown.gif

Oh man...sorry about my lack of talent with this thibgs but...is there a way of putting things to work, so you guys can see the pics i'm trying to send you all?!

I have them in my mail box...don0t know if there's a way to put things in the good track.

Regards, Pedro.

I was aiming for 7.0 at worst and 8.0 at best.

Very good colours, off-white pages, corners and spine in good shape.

How much are each of this comic worth? Is the price on the cover a possible element to undergrade it seriouslly?!

Worth slabbing...?!

I'm not sure if CGC would downgrade the book that much for the writing on the covers, but I'm sure it would be a huge factor in the final sale price.

No way to really tell what grade those books would get without a scan so I couldn't tell you to get them graded (or not).

Probably not...

They look 6.0ish to me.

Not to be argumentative, but can you really see that much from the scans to put the book as a Fine (not counting the grease pencil writing)?

If nothing else, having the books still in the plastic causes artifacts that might or might not be defects on the book.

Agreed, SF. I think Aces was hedging his bet a bit, based on lack of detail in the scans and the possibility that some of the 'defects' perceived are in fact on the comics and not the bags. It's a knee-jerk reaction that many of us have, I think, from countless hours of scrutinizing eBay scans...

I would say those comics are somewhere between FN 6.0 and VF 8.0. Without better scans, it's impossible to narrow the range much...

Probably not...

They look 6.0ish to me.

Not to be argumentative, but can you really see that much from the scans to put the book as a Fine (not counting the grease pencil writing)?

If nothing else, having the books still in the plastic causes artifacts that might or might not be defects on the book.

I can. I can also blow it up a bit with my Windows Image viewer (right click and preview once you save to desktop) 5.5, 6.0 respectively