• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the rarest SS books due to the death of the signer?

47 posts in this topic

I don't know much about SS books.

I do know that 2 of my 3 favorite Batman artists are deceased (only Adams is still alive, Aparo & Rogers are deceased)

Does anyone know what the rarest SS books are due to the death of the signer before they signed very many SS copies?

Also, does anyone know how readily available Batman SS books are from Aparo and Rogers?

I got this one signed by Dave Cockrum just before he passed and its the only CGC SS copy:

fylmz5.jpg

Aparo's are tough. I think AlexH has at least one but it's an Byrne cover with Aparo interiors. :( Honestly I think it's the only one I have seen a scan for.

Marshall Rogers aren't too bad. I had Detective 475 signed by him that I got from Beyonder. I sold it to SkinnyWhiteBoy.

Aparo's are tough. I think AlexH has at least one but it's an Byrne cover with Aparo interiors. :(

doh!

There are hundreds of Aparo Batman covers to choose from ........ so why get him to sign a book where he did not do the cover?

There's one Eisner I believe

Does CGC keep a census for how many times someone has signed a SS book?

I assume Stan would top such a list?

I don't think the name of the signer is part of the CGC database. Also, I don't think Stan Lee has the most sigs out there because he is not as accessible as some of the other artists creators. And if you count non-CGC sigs, Stan Lee wouldn't even be in the top ten.

It would be neat to know exactly how many books Stan Lee has signed and on which books as part of the census. When there is only one Stan Lee CGC SS for an issue and you own it, that's kind of fun too.

Bill.

There's one Eisner I believe

Does CGC keep a census for how many times someone has signed a SS book?

I assume Stan would top such a list?

Stan has signed more books than God . . . :grin:

Guest Grails

Stan has signed more books than God . . . :grin:

That wouldn't be too hard, because last time I checked, there were no God SS books. lol

I've got one and he even added a head sketch of... Himself.

I have a Dark Avengers sketch cover of Green Goblin by Kevin Maguire and a Fallen Son sketch cover of Captain America by Howard Chaykin both are then signed by Stan Lee, thanks to Sean at NYComics. So both are one of kind books both Lee signed. So pretty rare.

I have a Dark Avengers sketch cover of Green Goblin by Kevin Maguire and a Fallen Son sketch cover of Captain America by Howard Chaykin both are then signed by Stan Lee, thanks to Sean at NYComics. So both are one of kind books both Lee signed. So pretty rare.

Dear God! Which of those signers are deceased? dead.gif