• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CAF - Which Artists Do You Search For?

42 posts in this topic

I usually wonder over to comicartfans.com 2-3 times a week. I usually search for artists that were drawing comics when I was growing up.

Ross Andru - Amazing Spider-Man

Irv Novick - Flash

Those are the two that come to mind. Funny, I don't really search the bigger names like Kirby, Adams, Ditko, etc.

Anyone else search for particular artists?

I usually peruse a few updated galleries as well.

As a premium member you can have emails sent twice daily and they will include any of dozens of names you list. So you will know every 12 hours if a piece by any artist you choose has been added to the site.

It's one of dozens of great features for the premium members.

C

well I think its more about supporting the site if you use it a lot. I honestly don't use it very much, I have very little comic art, so I just have a free membership. Your mileage may vary but if I used the site a ton I would sign up for the membership just to support

well I think its more about supporting the site if you use it a lot. I honestly don't use it very much, I have very little comic art, so I just have a free membership. Your mileage may vary but if I used the site a ton I would sign up for the membership just to support

That's true, if you don't use it a lot, or if you don't use it to sell it might not make a lot of sense to spend the money.

However, getting those emails twice a day with updates of artists I search for has helped me find and get the jump on art as it becomes available. I have been able to get dozens of pieces in the last two years before anyone else even saw them posted. That, to me, is worth a ton more than the cost of membership.

The thing I find that is WILD, are the guys that use the site to sell constantly, or use the site to buy, or who have their page filled with MILLIONS of DOLLARS of artwork (as at least one major dealer has done) and still won't pony up the $50 for a premium membership. They have to know how silly/petty/cheap that makes them look to the rest of the hobby.

Premium is not for everyone, I wasn't trying to say it was, but for the guys that move a lot of art, or look to get a lot of art it pays for itself within a single transaction.

But I'm too cheap.

It costs less than 1% of the cost of a great Mahnke cover. :baiting:

I lied I have a premium membership.

:frustrated: Should have looked at the screen name and girded my loins against your deceptions oh dark lord of the pit. (worship)

As a premium member you can have emails sent twice daily and they will include any of dozens of names you list. So you will know every 12 hours if a piece by any artist you choose has been added to the site.

C

lol.. I bought a premium membership many moths ago & I still can't figure out how to get my stuff listed in the classifieds.. lol

The $50 does help support Bill and CAF but it also pays for itself. I have gotten so many pieces of art thru the daily search including the AH! Stargrazers cover, Schulz Charlie Brown, Cockrum Nightcrawler page, Frank Thorne Marvel Feature to name a few. Back to the topic, here is some of the artists I have the feature search for twice a day and send me results:

Buscema

Guice

Cockrum

Byrne

Williamson

C

lol.. I bought a premium membership many moths ago & I still can't figure out how to get my stuff listed in the classifieds.. lol

After you are logged in..

Click Manage at the top of the page.

Then "Manage Galleries"

Then click on Manage Your CAF Classifieds / Comic Art Shop

You can click which galleries you want listed in the classifieds.

That should take care of it.

C

C

After you are logged in..

Click Manage at the top of the page.

Then "Manage Galleries"

Then click on Manage Your CAF Classifieds / Comic Art Shop

You can click which galleries you want listed in the classifieds.

That should take care of it.

C

why thank you!!!

thumbs_up_smiley.gif