• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Listing software

20 posts in this topic

Calling all you brilliant HTML peeps out there. Up until now I've been using ebay's picture service, but an email I just received indicated they are charging for it now.

So I'm looking for a wysiwyg type lister where I can cut and paste the HTML code to ebay's description block. Once I start selling CGC books this might not be an issue, but for now I need to be able to post pictures that can be enlarged/supersized (for those picky graders) :grin:

I've tried doing a general search, but haven't really found anything that fits what I'm looking for.

So I'm hoping someone here has the golden goose. (thumbs u

I'm okay with paying a fee if it's not too much (30.00 or so). It's a must to conserve funds as best I can.

Thanks in advance for any help! :grin:

So you're just looking for a way to place supersized scans in you're eBay listings?

Sort of. The program I use right now is call 'Page Breeze' I can type normally and use different fonts, colors, headers, etc., and when I'm done I can click a tab, cut and paste the HTML code and convey that to the eBay description block.

This has worked well so far, but now eBay is charging for the 12 picture pack (and I would assume the supersize option in conjunction) so I'm hoping to find a program that will allow me to link to photobucket or some other way to upload more than one photo for auctions.

Hope that makes sense. :) There may be a way to input the code directly into the ebay block since it accepts HTML, but I'm just not that bright. (shrug)

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just copy the html code from the picture in Photobucket, and paste it into the auction description. Comes out looking like Boozad's example.

Yep that should work. I just link from the site I use to host my scans, but I had to add the HTML code to centre the scan in the listing. My first attempts all ended up with the scan over to the side of the page :insane:

b]

Just replace the bolded text with the URL of your scan, then copy all of the text, switch to the HTML tab in your listing, and then paste the text (on a new line) wherever you want the image to show up (thumbs u

Photobucket does the work for you, just check off the box next to the picture and click on the bottom where it says create img html code.

On Ebay click onthe HTML tab and copy the line or lines from photobucket. It makes it easier than writing the code, plus you can select several images at once.

The code for center is included.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just copy the html code from the picture in Photobucket, and paste it into the auction description. Comes out looking like Boozad's example.

That was my first thought too, but I must have done something wrong... :insane:

Photobucket does the work for you, just check off the box next to the picture and click on the bottom where it says create img html code.

On Ebay click onthe HTML tab and copy the line or lines from photobucket. It makes it easier than writing the code, plus you can select several images at once.

No its not. :sumo:

At least not for me. I don't see one for img html. My only code options are:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

None include the ctr code. (shrug)

And yes, you can post more than one photo.

No its not. :sumo:

At least not for me. I don't see one for img html. My only code options are:

Email & IM

Direct Link

HTML Code

IMG Code

None include the ctr code. (shrug)

And yes, you can post more than one photo.

Are you going to the next page? You need to click on the photos (in the little box) then click on Generate HTML IMAGE Code, lower right,

Then on the next page you will see

HTML images for Ebay, Livejournal, MySpace, etc. (2nd one down)

You can just use the line under your photo, but the img src info is not as complete.

(shrug) I'm still not seeing it, and looked on the 2nd page before. I can choose "HTML for websites & blogs (MySpace, Hi5, Orkut, Friendster, eBay & more)" but it doesn't include the ctr code. Wacky. Do you have a paid Photobucket account?

A couple of little tips, well it's what I do anyway. Save your listing as a template then when you list another item, just use that template and the HTML code will still be embedded in there, you'll just have to replace the image URL.

Second, for multiple pictures, I use CS2 to create one image with all of the books I'm going to list, upload that then you still only have to replace one image URL like the listings below (thumbs u

Two books listed - one image.

Five books listed - one image.