• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal COMIC CON Sept.19-20

65 posts in this topic

No extra costs, I'll be accepting books at CGC's normal prices, and if you have a dealer or cs account it will be at the normal discounted price. Only exception is Signature Series for which there are no discounts.

Thanks Kevin. Someone told me you bring them directly to CGC, which means only return shipping must be paid. Is that correct? I think the person was mistaken. If so, wonderful! Any penny saved is a penny earned!

OMG, CGC in Montreal!! That must be a first.

I'll be there on Saturday, hopefully it'll better than the 1 day borefest they had a couple months back...

I'm curious. What makes it a "borefest" to you? I for one don't care for guests. I want lots of product (ie) comics available for sale.

What do YOU (anyone reading this) want from a comic con?

I'm curious and it's interesting seeing how people's expectations and desires vary.

No extra costs, I'll be accepting books at CGC's normal prices, and if you have a dealer or cs account it will be at the normal discounted price. Only exception is Signature Series for which there are no discounts.

Thanks Kevin. Someone told me you bring them directly to CGC, which means only return shipping must be paid. Is that correct? I think the person was mistaken. If so, wonderful! Any penny saved is a penny earned!

Yes, I will ship them to CGC by FedEx the day after the event, so submitters only need to pay return shipping from Florida to Montreal. CGC covers the shipping to Florida, as they do at other shows.

Yes, I will ship them to CGC by FedEx the day after the event, so submitters only need to pay return shipping from Florida to Montreal. CGC covers the shipping to Florida, as they do at other shows.

That's wonderful! I've got a small stack waiting to go. :banana:

I'll go see you before the doors open to the public Sunday morning. Do I still fill out a submission form as usual on-line with the discount or is it different in person?

Sorry for all of the questions, but I've never submitted books any other way than mailing them myself.

Regards.

I want sketches, so the guests make a big difference, im glad to see Golden, Tex and Trimpe will be there, all people i have not gotten sketches from

Golden and Tex have cancelled.

Really? That's unfortunate, however, TEX attends the local shows on a regular basis. I hope the promoter makes an official announcement if this is true. I HATE it when promoters know, but do not announce it until the last possible moment.

I hope they get some other comic book-related guests to replace them. Not for me, but to draw in other comic fans. I'll have a booth there, and I doubt wrestling and movie "celebrities" will help me sell more comics.

:wishluck:

OMG, CGC in Montreal!! That must be a first.

I'll be there on Saturday, hopefully it'll better than the 1 day borefest they had a couple months back...

I'm curious. What makes it a "borefest" to you? I for one don't care for guests. I want lots of product (ie) comics available for sale.

What do YOU (anyone reading this) want from a comic con?

I'm curious and it's interesting seeing how people's expectations and desires vary.

A CGC presence is a good start to add a certain level of ''prestige'' to the event. Kudos for that. The last Con was basically a bunch of dollar bins with nothing of note. We need to attract more guests, more big time dealers with big time books. I'm sure there are other collectors here who would rather wheel and deal in person for big money books. Also, comics are great and all but there has to be some kind of combo (like Sci-Fi or gaming or toys) to bring in more people. Making it a pop-culture event rather than just comics would probably make it more lucrative.

Which will be your booth, Voorhees?

Which will be your booth, Voorhees?

The smallest one! lol

Seriously. The one with a single table. I stopped "dealing" about 2 years ago after selling my inventory, but I've picked some odds and ends since AND I've decided to sell most of my collection to help finance some big key issue purchases (FF #1 for instance) and to start saving for a house.

So, I'll be there with about 5 longboxes of SA/BA/CA books - mostly semi-keys, keys, "hot" books, etc... In addition I'll have 50 or so CGC books + a couple longboxes of magazines + various sets and some "cheapies" & TPBs.

I keep pulling stuff from my so-called "keeper" boxes to sell. At this rate the "keeper" box will consist of nothing more than my AF #15, X-MEN #1, ASM #1, DD #1, and a handful of "lesser" books. Just this morning I pulled out what little GA stuff I have (EC books & DOLLMAN) as well as some of my favorite 1970s BATMAN/DETECTIVE COMICS featuring "death" of Robin covers :cloud9: .

Right now, I'm on the fence regarding whether or not to sell my CLAREMONT/BYRNE/COCKRUM X-Men run and pre-hero ST, TTA, TOS, and JIM issues hm

Anyways, enough self-promotion. :whistle:

SIDE NOTE: I've got 3 IMSM #1s for sale. Perhaps I should contact CALAMERICA? lol

I will be there too. It is the biggest show of the year in Montreal. I always did find very interesting books at this one. Would be very interesting to meet a CGC representative there for the first time ever in Montreal.

Kevin's been here before, albeit not as part of an official CGC appearance.

Hey Picky, are you a fellow Montrealer?

Not only am I representing CGC by taking submissions at Montreal Comic-Con, but I'm also there to promote the Joe Shuster Awards. www.joeshusterawards.com

Just a heads up on shipping charges, while shipping to CGC will be complimentary (as at other shows), For return shipping CGC only uses FedEx 2-Day (estimated) International shipping for packages to Canada --- cost is $60 for group of 10 books --- 1-10 books = US$60, $120 for 11-20 and so on.