• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got my Grail today FF#4 What you guys think?...Grade revealed

41 posts in this topic

Thanks for the input. Heres the full pic. I was already thinking of resubing it. You guys all solidified it. I put it in the 6's. MAYBE a 7.0 if CGC is feeling generous. That back cover fold is a tuffy for me. Cause the rest of the book is 8.0 quality....Thanks people

image32.jpg

Never really noticed the Thing wearing boots before! Styling! :o

Before checking I'm going to guess CGC gave it a 6.0.

I tend to discount BC issues - and the only reall problem I see on the front is what looks to be minor chipping next to the word balloon - for which CGC is lenient on.

Personally it looks like a solid 6.5 - maybe 7.0 to me - but doubly hard to grade a scan of a slab.

Thanks for the input. Heres the full pic. I was already thinking of resubing it. You guys all solidified it. I put it in the 6's. MAYBE a 7.0 if CGC is feeling generous. That back cover fold is a tuffy for me. Cause the rest of the book is 8.0 quality....Thanks people

image32.jpg

I went too high doh!,but not by much.That's still an awesome book you got there (thumbs u

cgc has been very tough recently in thier grading of silver age books. very tough. Personally im waiting until next year before i slab any more keys.. maybe some new people will come in.. lol.. hey its worth a shot...

I just sent my 3 coupon books in...they better not screw me... :sumo:

OK. Here is a pure hypothetical question. So nobody jump down my throat. :eek:

Is there any way to remove the extra dirt on the back cover line without doing any resto. I have never had a book resto'd before and don't know any of the processes.

I mean, could you lightly take an erasure and "wipe" some of the dirt transfer off?

Could Matt Nelson do anything to it without resto? If I'm having something removed, is it still resto?

I think this book will hit a 6.5 as is. But if that back cover crease wasn't so obvious, I think it could get a 7.5...

LMK your opinions.....Thanks

Trey