• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you send in old labels w/ resubs?

9 posts in this topic

I send my labels with the book. It's not supposed to make a difference and I like to think that the census is somewhat accurate
It's not..
Let's just pretend it is, ok. :shrug:
Honestly. I pay no attention to the census what so ever. Its quite possibly the most useless and inaccurate tool a "collector" could use. It doesnt account for so many variables, but could be useful for "carnival barker" type sellers.

I send my labels with the book. It's not supposed to make a difference and I like to think that the census is somewhat accurate
It's not..

Why? The census isn't designed to be a completely, 100% accurate reflection of what exists in what slabs...and it never was.

At best, the census shows the most possible copies in any given grade that exists. But, because of re-subbing, the census, unless the numbers are really low (and all those copies can be accounted for as "still slabbed"), cannot be 100% accurate.

And it's ok, really.

It's not..
Honestly. I pay no attention to the census what so ever. Its quite possibly the most useless and inaccurate tool a "collector" could use. It doesnt account for so many variables, but could be useful for "carnival barker" type sellers.

It's probably more accurate than just picking a number out of thin air.

(shrug)