• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Four #105 cover

30 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I've gotten some sleep and am less cranky now :)

Ruben, I do see your point. All the docs on this board, as with the lawyers and other professions, don't expect any additional courtesy or respect for their "day job". I was siimply responding to the other poster who seemed to feel that we simply use MD or Dr. to gain respect or some other motive. The MD or Dr. becomes part of our names oftentimes out of convention, that is all.

I agree that in THIS hobby, we should earn our respect based on our contributions to the board, discussion, and hobby in general. And all the doctors I know (Stephen, Doc V, etc.) do just that.

I do also know that having the MD at the end of my name has helped a lot of people on these boards and in the hobby. In fact, I have at least 5 or 6 patients who see me after first knowing me on these and other comic-related discussion boards. So, there are other reasons why I don't mind putting it out there, as I'm only too happy to help out friends in the hobby with OA related or medical issues. I know Chris has helped with legal questions on multiple occasions as well.

Hari

Hey guys,

Ruben, I do see your point. All the docs on this board, as with the lawyers and other professions, don't expect any additional courtesy or respect for their "day job". I was siimply responding to the other poster who seemed to feel that we simply use MD or Dr. to gain respect or some other motive. The MD or Dr. becomes part of our names oftentimes out of convention, that is all.

I agree that in THIS hobby, we should earn our respect based on our contributions to the board, discussion, and hobby in general. And all the doctors I know (Stephen, Doc V, etc.) do just that.

I do also know that having the MD at the end of my name has helped a lot of people on these boards and in the hobby. In fact, I have at least 5 or 6 patients who see me after first knowing me on these and other comic-related discussion boards. So, there are other reasons why I don't mind putting it out there, as I'm only too happy to help out friends in the hobby with OA related or medical issues. I know Chris has helped with legal questions on multiple occasions as well.

Hari

Hari, you're good people and I respect you. And Chris, you too, buddy (thumbs u

Hey guys,

Hari

Hari answered all my questions when my daughter had her heart problem. I can't thank him enough for being there for my family when we really needed someone to calm us down and make us feel better. It's not the title, it's what you do with your gifts to help others.

The Caira's <3 Hari

It's apropos of nothing but it needed to be said.

How old is your daughter?

Danny "The Jeweler"

She's 5 now, almost 6. She was 2 at the time.

C

Hey guys,

Hari

Hari answered all my questions when my daughter had her heart problem. I can't thank him enough for being there for my family when we really needed someone to calm us down and make us feel better. It's not the title, it's what you do with your gifts to help others.

The Caira's <3 Hari

It's apropos of nothing but it needed to be said.

Glad she's doing well, buddy. Being there for your friends and family is what life is all about. So glad I could help.

PS, I edited my initial response to reflect my (now) less cranky state :)

Best,

Hari

Hey guys,

Hari

Hey doc can you look at this rash I have here. I don't have any insurance but I have these Spiderman art pages so pick whatever one you want. Well except that one with the Green Goblin. I'll save that one for a a more serious condition

all kidding aside I think that is great. I'd much rather see a doctor who shared some of the same interests. Not that I ever go to see a doctor anyway ..

Gave a couple medical lectures in Vegas Thursday and Friday (seriously, only ended up with 30 minutes gambling/fun time in the 36 hours I was there!), and flew back last night. 30 minutes into takeoff, they ask for a doctor to help a patient up in First Class (meanwhile I'm back near the bathroom). Ruined my trip, but all passengers were quite happy that I took care of this elderly person so the plane didn't have to land. Spoke to the Captain at least 5 times and doctors on the ground twice, and got everyone to NYC 9PM last night.

Moral: No one cares you're a doctor until they need you.

Hari

Thanks for helping the man out! Doctors are required by law to offer medical assistance so it seems perfectly okay by me that they get a special title and should get no flack for using it. It's no different to me than members of our armed forces.