• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can Megan Fox influence the art that you collect?

9 posts in this topic

"Tastemakers" are often considered people that can influence others.

For example, on a recent apperance on the Jimmy Kimmel show, Megan Fox mentioned that J. Scott Campbell was her favorite comic book artist. Internet searches on JSC went through the roof shortly thereafter. I've always liked JSC's art and judging by the lines at SDCC, so do a lot of other comic book fans.

While the jury is still out on Megan Fox being a tastemaker for OA, she did give JSC a ton of publicity outside of the traditional comic book fan base.

Are there any tastemakers out there that would make you collect OA from a specific artist that you would not have considered otherwise?

Cheers!

N

Yeah, it's been slow on these boards lately and I'd thought I would liven it up by tossing out Megan Fox's name. :grin:

The only way Megan Fox could influence the art I collect is if she was trying to sell a piece to me.

hm

And by "piece" I am referring to artwork.

(tsk)

Are there any tastemakers out there that would make you collect OA from a specific artist that you would not have considered otherwise?

There are people who's opinions I respect and if they recommend an artist I'd look into it. Not because they like it but because they may be alerting me to something I would like and don't know about yet.

There is a ton of "follow the leader" in this hobby. It's made it easy for some people to manipulate certain markets. I try to usually stay away from things once the "pump up" starts.

Ruben

http://www.collectingfool.com