• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

False comic sales?

35 posts in this topic

Since that sale, I've seen it sold on Pedigree Comics 3-4 times. My theory is that it has never left Doug's hand, hence no GPA report. If he sent another GPA sale report, woudn't it be false?

I agree with your basic theroy, there is much price manipulation that goes on in the hobby, Would not surprise me at all, if this scenerio was played out, in MANY MANY auctions.

Give the man a cigar :golfclap:

There's the US Mail, there's the sun rising in the east, and then there's F_T taking a shot a DS whenever the opportunity presents.

True, it really is getting old and tiresome.

Rather like the 84 year old grandmother who didn't see her money for two years, I suppose. hm

Dealers manipulating the market to give the (false) impression of desireability? :o

What next? Lawyers funding their 'uber-sweet' collections with clients' money??? doh!

You go boy, call a spade a spade, pretty funny :signfunny:

Absolutely (thumbs u , and anyone who states otherwise has their head in an ostrich's arse . . . next thing we'll do is ask the inevitable . . .

Whither the arseman? :grin:

Since that sale, I've seen it sold on Pedigree Comics 3-4 times. My theory is that it has never left Doug's hand, hence no GPA report. If he sent another GPA sale report, woudn't it be false?

I agree with your basic theroy, there is much price manipulation that goes on in the hobby, Would not surprise me at all, if this scenerio was played out, in MANY MANY auctions.

Give the man a cigar :golfclap:

BB

your statement reeks of paranoia when you talk about the possibility that manipulation occurs in Many Many auctions.

I would be very ashamed of your belief if I didn't suspect that the concept is accurate.. (thumbs u

There's the US Mail, there's the sun rising in the east, and then there's F_T taking a shot a DS whenever the opportunity presents.

Rather like the 84 year old grandmother who didn't see her money for two years, I suppose. hm

No , rather like English humor.

No , rather like English humor.

That would be humour. (thumbs u

And at least we have some.

Not sure I agree with your scenario.

I would have to agree with something I read about the Pacific Coast pedigree on someones website in their description. Frankly I believe it is already the pacific pressed coast copy.

I prefer the name pacific coast pancake (PCP for short) myself. And remember anybody taking or selling PCP should be aware of the consequences when you are around the stuff. Comments like "buy it for your head" start popping out of your mouth or a "9.6 in a 9.4 holder". Since he's done too much PCP over the years Doug now needs to move on to the Rocky Mountain Pedigree (Coors for short). This pedigree's label turns blue when pressed.

Best served with Coffee and fruit since anything served on the west coast should be healthy. How do you think Bunky stays so young and good looking

Dealers manipulating the market to give the (false) impression of desireability? :o

What next? Lawyers funding their 'uber-sweet' collections with clients' money??? doh!

now that's my kind of humor! lol

Gotta agree with that! Not getting old to me F_T ... the granny one made me chuckle too...also, whenever I hear of that site, it's like someone dug something up, I get a strange smell...

Since he's done too much PCP over the years Doug now needs to move on to the Rocky Mountain Pedigree (Coors for short). This pedigree's label turns blue when pressed.

Clever, I think the overseas folks here will not get the Coors reference but it is pretty funny.