• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mass Hysteria

180 posts in this topic

Here is a snippet of a very astute PM I got last hour. I haven't asked for permission to post this so I'm going to do so anonymously. The rest of the PM is just as strong.

I am also posting my reply to this portion of the larger PM.

I hope my bad arse friend chooses to post the entire PM here. But they don't give much of a damn what other folks think.

we all want the funny books that we love so much to be worth a fortune as a whole (not just our own personal copies)

I think it may very well be true that we are a self-fulfilling prophecy; that we create & manufacture demand ourselves. It is like a yearning or longing. It is like an attempt to self induce wish fulfillment.

We are all engaged in mass hysteria & once a girl catches our attention, we'll give-up our little boy's toys & spend our extra jack on her.

Boredom or distraction, the outcome remains the same.

Here is a snippet of a very astute PM I got last hour. I haven't asked for permission to post this so I'm going to do so anonymously. The rest of the PM is just as strong.

I hope my bad arse friend chooses to post the entire PM here. But they don't give much of a damn what other folks think.

we all want the funny books that we love so much to be worth a fortune as a whole (not just our own personal copies)

I think it may very well be true that we are a self-fulfilling prophecy; that we create & manufacture demand ourselves. It is like a yearning or longing. It is like an attempt to self induce wish fulfillment.

We are all engaged in mass hysteria & once a girl catches our attention, we'll give-up our little boy's toys & spend our extra jack on her.

bad arse friend...

sort of sounds like the seller's viewpoint.

All us buyers want funny books to be worth toilet paper.

I had this picture once that depicted each of buyer, seller, and appraiser with different thoughts in their head... buyer saw a stinking heap with flies, seller saw a gold mine.

Agree on the female part, though.

You're seller's POV is not a truth.

We all want the funny books that we love so much to be worth a fortune as a whole (not just our personal copies) after we purchase them, not before.

You're seller's POV is not a truth.

We all want the funny books that we love so much to be worth a fortune as a whole (not just our personal copies) after we purchase them, not before.

Got some assumptions going here about a so-called seller's POV that y'all might abandon if I post the entire PM.

Let me win authority to do so.

One moment.