• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

It's Friday folks....so how about...

Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?  

297 members have voted

1. 1. Should this thread stay in the Comic Forum?

1,140 posts in this topic

Man, whatever happened to this thread?

Well, I'm here to proclaim (and gloat a little) about today, which is my last working day of 2010. I've taken three days of vacation next week, and combined with the holiday, won't be back at work until Monday, January 3rd. 16 glorious days off in a row....man, I've been looking forward to today for a LONG time. :luhv:

Isn't being a government employee grand? :cloud9:

:headbang:

Well, I've got a month off work and from tomorrow will be spending Christmas on the island of Tenerife.

, that means you'll be hanging out around here a lot more.

:baiting:

Well, I've got a month off work and from tomorrow will be spending Christmas on the island of Tenerife.

Hope the weather clears enough for your flight out of here. Wish I was doing something like that...

Actually, it's OK where we are now regarding the snow, though it is bitterly cold.

The airport is only 30 minutes away so we should be OK.

Well, I'm here to proclaim (and gloat a little) about today, which is my last working day of 2010. I've taken three days of vacation next week, and combined with the holiday, won't be back at work until Monday, January 3rd. 16 glorious days off in a row....man, I've been looking forward to today for a LONG time. :luhv:

Excellent....

I'm not a goverment employee and I'm officially off from work as of today and I'll be back in the office on the 4th....I'll call you at work on the 3rd :slapfight:

Excellent....

I'm not a goverment employee and I'm officially off from work as of today and I'll be back in the office on the 4th....I'll call you at work on the 3rd :slapfight:

You must have misunderstood me, good sir. I was simply telling my good friend Andrew where to shove my two fingers for taking a month off on taxpayer's money.

:insane:

Excellent....

You must have misunderstood me, good sir. I was simply telling my good friend Andrew where to shove my two fingers for taking a month off on taxpayer's money.

why would you care? north of the border.....don't you get the whole of winter off? :foryou:

why would you care? north of the border.....don't you get the whole of winter off? :foryou:

Actually, I'm self employed now which means I never get time off anymore.

:cry:

Actually, I'm self employed now which means I never get time off anymore.

:cry:

Not me, Never again. I did the self-employment thing. I've done the private sector thing. You might make more money, but the benefits (like job security, healthcare, a funded retirement) and time off are something that are hard to match with a public sector job, especially within education.

Now, I'm a lifer for the next 20 or so years until I retire. :takeit:

Bah, good luck if your money is there when you retire. I never have trusted people for that sort of thing. While everyone else was pouring their money into RRSP I've always kept mine in assets and commodities. I just don't see someone caring more for my money than I do.

I do miss the structure and the interaction side of it, though.

I do miss the structure and the interaction side of it, though.

That's why you talk to me. I keep you structured. :sumo:

No, I just like hair people.

(shrug)

Excellent....

dumb-dog-crossing.jpg