• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies! Urgent Help Needed - Customs Charges

180 posts in this topic

I had an odd shipment to the UK get outrageous charges once. The thing that sucked ..or hoovered as it were, is that the item was a collectible sci-fi prop. It didn't look like much. The person paid some sort of tax /duty of $60 on an item I marked with a $35 value. Then he paid fees because it had been opened and checked. The punch line the package was empty when he got it. It was a small movie prop from ROTJ that sold for $100 +change and looked kind of like nothing important. I can't imagine what happened to it or why they would over value it and then steal it..

I have heard of this happening to other people before but it's not happened to me in any of the hundred+ transactions I have had buying from international sellers in the USA and Canada. Comics do not attract VAT so you should have nothing to pay. A phone call should sort this out.

I have heard of this happening to other people before but it's not happened to me in any of the hundred+ transactions I have had buying from international sellers in the USA and Canada. Comics do not attract VAT so you should have nothing to pay. A phone call should sort this out.

Unfortunately, a phone call won't do the trick.

You either pay the duty, get your package and then file a claim, or you refuse the package and ask for it to be sent back to the Royal Mail department that handles duties and have it reassessed. (thumbs u

so if i send some comics and mark them as magazines it will not be applicable to the vat?

Mark parcels to the UK as 'printed matter' and there is no import duty or VAT, no matter what value you put on the package. (thumbs u

Where.

001-8.jpg

so if i send some comics and mark them as magazines it will not be applicable to the vat?

Mark parcels to the UK as 'printed matter' and there is no import duty or VAT, no matter what value you put on the package. (thumbs u

Where.

under detailed description of contents

Why in GOD's name would I know the tax laws in the UK!!?? I certainly don't expect you to know our tax laws!

And Rock, I am glad you are so good at spellings and suchs, I betz it's makes' you feel big n awesome that you can spells these so goods.

A comic reader, and a librarian! I bet YORE a hit with the ladies huh. Oh wait, you have 2 dogs, I do see why though, after all they are dumb and ugly blind.

Why in GOD's name would I know the tax laws in the UK!!?? I certainly don't expect you to know our tax laws!

So why the did you post this?

My advice to him. Pay your freaking taxes.... stop trying to get around them. You can run but you can't hide.

My advice to him. Pay your freaking taxes.... stop trying to get around them. You can run but you can't hide.

I posted it because usually taxes are NON NEGOTIABLE!. As in, they say you have to pay, you pay.

And I posted it to to get you all steamed so your Jerry Mouse ears get all red. :jokealert:

I posted it because usually taxes are NON NEGOTIABLE!. As in, they say you have to pay, you pay.

But there are no taxes to pay are there? So your post was ing useless, pretty much like your honouring your sales.

And posting the same joke your shill did? It was mess the first time round.

But there are no taxes to pay are there? So your post was ing useless, pretty much like your honouring your sales.

And posting the same joke your shill did? It was mess the first time round.

Then what the was the point of the thread then? If you knew that in the end nothing would happen, they why the thread?

And I am sorry that you have those ears, he was the one who found it, not me. His "joke" said nothing about turning your ear's red though.

I would also assume that if you know that comics are exempt from the tax, then shouldn't that be quite an easy problem to get solved?

You know, "Hey Mr. Custom's Man.... no taxes on comics!"

Read the form, it's a Customs Charge, not a tax. So no, not that easy.

It is on, the wife's hoovering though that's probably why I didn't hear it. I'll call you back if you like mate (thumbs u

Hoovering has more than one meaning in the USA I take it that there, it means to vacuum only?

Russ, haven't you got any advice to give to Gav regarding shipping and the suchlike? (shrug)

Oh, wait a minute... doh!

I would but I am waiting for your advice on how to constantly beat on other's because you think you can do thing's better?

doh!

Russ, i couldn't care less about this thread, but ing hell i am so tired of reading you mangle the English language...

STOP USING A #$&*#ING APOSTROPHE WHEN YOU ARE JUST TRYING TO MAKE A NOUN #&*(&@ING PLURAL GODDAMMIT.

"others" not #&(*&ing bleeding christjumping "other's" :frustrated: