• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boardies! Urgent Help Needed - Customs Charges

180 posts in this topic

It is on, the wife's hoovering though that's probably why I didn't hear it. I'll call you back if you like mate (thumbs u

Hoovering has more than one meaning in the USA I take it that there, it means to vacuum only?

Russ, haven't you got any advice to give to Gav regarding shipping and the suchlike? (shrug)

Oh, wait a minute... doh!

I would but I am waiting for your advice on how to constantly beat on other's because you think you can do thing's better?

doh!

It is on, the wife's hoovering though that's probably why I didn't hear it. I'll call you back if you like mate (thumbs u

Hoovering has more than one meaning in the USA I take it that there, it means to vacuum only?

Russ, haven't you got any advice to give to Gav regarding shipping and the suchlike? (shrug)

I would but I am waiting for your advice on how to constantly beat on other's because you think you can do thing's better?

doh!

Nick does do things better.... at least he ships the merchandise to his customers (thumbs u

Thanks again to Nick for taking the time to chat to me on the phone to sort that out, much appreciated mate (thumbs u

Can you let us know the cause of this, and the outcome? I've got items in the mail to the UK right now. I'd love to avoid this scenario in the future. :juggle:

Props to Nick as well. :applause:

Will do (thumbs u

I think it's probably what Imran says though - the package isn't labelled reading material. The thing that's me off is I don't know who it's off :frustrated:

Well...

Mine's marked GIFT, but it IS valued for insurance purposes.

Could be mine.

If it is, give me the # to call, and I'll tell 'em it sure as hell is a gift.

My advice to him. Pay your freaking taxes.... stop trying to get around them. You can run but you can't hide.

The problem being...comics are zero rated for all duty in the UK. :makepoint:

I would think that a Captain Of Industry like yourself, involved in an international comic business, would know this sort of thing? (shrug)

My advice to him. Pay your freaking taxes.... stop trying to get around them. You can run but you can't hide.

I would think that a Captain Of Industry like yourself, involved in an international comic business, would know this sort of thing? (shrug)

but wouldn't that involve Russ/Clive actually shipping product to be knowledgable? (shrug)

doh!

I can and I do. Constantly.

And if I have ever got anything wrong, I've put it right the moment I've known about it. (thumbs u

At least the seller I bought from shipped the books. And we don't pay taxes on comics dirkwad.

My advice to you. Make right by all your past customers ... stop trying to get around them.

doh!

"others", no apostrophe

"things", no apostrophe

Question mark at the end incorrect. Your sentence is a statement, not a question.

Comma missing between "would" and "but"

(thumbs u

"My advice to him" is a sentence fragment that lacks a verb.

Comma missing between "run" and "but"

Hope that helps!

(thumbs u

COI's gonna be sooooooo mad when he reads this post....

:insane:

At least the seller I bought from shipped the books. And we don't pay taxes on comics dirkwad.

hm

Maybe it's not mine, then. My customs declaration dispatch says "Batman #227 and Batman #427"....

My advice is to never get involved in a land war in Asia and never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

My advice is to never get involved in a land war in Asia and never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line.

Anybody wanna peanut...?

You can run but you can't hide.

How come none of the customers you ripped can ever find you then?

I guess he can run real fast? (shrug)

You can run but you can't hide.

How come none of the customers you ripped can ever find you then?

I guess he can run real fast? (shrug)

If you can fast enough, i guess you don't need to hide...