• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ditko Jazz Hands

22 posts in this topic

doh! From now on, everytime I see Ditko hands, I will think, "jazz hands".

On a serious note, I was watching Dark City this morning on cable and was comparing it, in my mind to the psychic fight between Neo and Smith from the Matrix, and noting the differences with the fight from the aforementioned DC, and realizing that the Ditko stylization of Dr. Strange fighting Dormamu with magical round shields, each a defense, and an easy visual way of showing the fight, was brilliant, especially for it's time.

I'd love to see some Ditko inspired hand creating magical shield fighting action.

I remember seeing Dark City and thinking, "Wow....the Spirit movie should use these sets." Then Frank MIller came along and secrewed it up.

doh! From now on, everytime I see Ditko hands, I will think, "jazz hands".

On a serious note, I was watching Dark City this morning on cable and was comparing it, in my mind to the psychic fight between Neo and Smith from the Matrix, and noting the differences with the fight from the aforementioned DC, and realizing that the Ditko stylization of Dr. Strange fighting Dormamu with magical round shields, each a defense, and an easy visual way of showing the fight, was brilliant, especially for it's time.

I'd love to see some Ditko inspired hand creating magical shield fighting action.

I remember seeing Dark City and thinking, "Wow....the Spirit movie should use these sets." Then Frank MIller came along and secrewed it up.

I haven't seen The Spirit yet, and I still agree with you. :cry: