• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

one of a kind obsolete HULK & X-MEN PRINTERS PROOFS- some signed

1 post in this topic

Okay, so little background...I saw someone selling printers plates last week---these are even better---and they're one of a kind, and it's an obsolete printers proofing method---these are 3M accetate 'cells' for the best description...each one has an accetate layer that represents the four colors of 4-color printing.

Yellow, cyan, magenta and black.

Each layer when put together forms the full color image.

This is an old outdated method of producing color proofs that need to be approved by the production team and sometimes artist at marvel, before the book is sent to the printer. The final color proof is sent with the film so that the printer can match color while on press.

These printers proofs are typically thrown away, and almost never find they're way to the open market.

I've held onto these for years, and always thought I would frame them and put them in my office, but as another year goes by,it seems more and more unlikely and that they just continue to lay in a box.

I'm offering up some of the BEST and coolest proofs in my collection, a few that I really never thought I would part with.

Again, one of a kind...there are no others out there.

X-MEN #25 (Kubert) this is the double spread cover where Magneto rips the adamantium from Wolvie.

Asking price is $2500

Two seperate printers lock-ups from X-Men #23, one is signed by Brandon Peterson one is not.

$800 each

Hulk (I forget the issue number) it's "HULK FICTION"

two different printers spreads, signed by Angel Medina and Peter David

$1200 each

Two page HULK spread (I forget the issue number) by artist Angel Medina

$500 each

The black and white X-Men and Sin City contact camera proofs I need to double check to make sure that I still have them.

Here's some of my signed HULK FICTION cells---Peter David and Angel Medina

I don't know the issue #, and there's two others here from a different Medina issue as well (unsigned)

hulkcell1.jpg

hulkcell2.jpg

hulkcell3.jpg

hulkcell4.jpg

sincity1.jpg

sincity2.jpg

xmen25color.jpg

xmen23_2pg.jpg

xmen23A.jpg

xmen23B.jpg

xmen23C.jpg

xmen23spread.jpg