• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC's 75th Anniversary

89 posts in this topic

Hi Ian,

Are you still keeping the collection current?

Yes totally, and the variant covers and ultimate editions are crippling. It's now costing £1000 a month ($1650) just to keep up. It's a thankless task.

At least they started Adventure Comics with 504 as well as number 1.

I salute you Ian.

Interestingly enough, I was posting here when you first started and I remember your goal...wasn't there some kind of fight that got started between you and someone else? This guy had a copy of the one comic you needed to fulfill your collection, or something like that? Sorry, if this is wrong....my memory's fuzzy..... ???

I just think they ought to do something special to celebrate it.

I don't think anyone there has even considered it.

Maybe reactivate a couple of classic titles to honour the anniversary, like More Fun and All Star Comics.

Or something like that Silver Age miniseries, where all the covers looked like authentic 1960s covers.

I just think SOMETHING to reward lifetime fans. I've collected since I was six years old.

Maybe reactivate a couple of classic titles to honour the anniversary, like More Fun and All Star Comics.

Or something like that Silver Age miniseries, where all the covers looked like authentic 1960s covers.

I just think SOMETHING to reward lifetime fans. I've collected since I was six years old.

I like the idea of a new More Fun or All Star Comics. With the Spectre in MF :golfclap:

Maybe Sensation Comics with WW even.

How did you find that out? (shrug)

How did you find that out? (shrug)

Especially when someone above said:

"I know they have been having artists (such as Mike Zeck and John Beatty) digitally recreating over 100 of the classic DC covers for the anniversary. They are not sure how DC will be using them though. "

Cast my vote for an issue of All Star Comics #75. It would even tie in with the whole "year 75" shtick. Get Perez to draw and a decent writer and you've got a smash.

That's such a brilliant idea.

It could be a second JSA title, as that's by far their best current comic. Or better still, have the original lineup set in the 1940s.

I heard they are returning Wonder Woman to it's original numbering.

I wish they'd do that more often, and respect their heritage. It makes it so much more worth collecting.

Totally agree! I was so happy when they did this with Superman and Adventure Comics. Would be great if they´d do it with every other major character series, like Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash (not major, but can be cool :D ) and revive More Fun and All Star. That would be sooooo freaking great!

And they should count the numbering from the 2nd and 3 series that were published so far. Fe. Wonder Woman would continue with 590something....counting the GA series to #329, the 226 books of the second series and the few from the new.

That would definitely show respect to their heritage an continuity!