• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Warlock #1 on ComicLink.....$6,111.00?

7 posts in this topic

Just saw this on ComicLink.

$6,111.00 is the asking price of one of my favorite Bronze age series.

I can not imagine this selling for this (or over $500.00, for that matter).

I realize it is the only one on census. And white pages, but my Lord!

Do some people consign comics on ComicLink just to boast. Knowing

that no one will bid? Or if someone places a bid, they are the luckiest

person, and the bidder is beyond high?

ComicLinkWarlock#1-9.8

Last 9.6 sold for $388. Very few sales of this book (3) in the past 2 years. There are 20 on the census.

The listing for the 9.8 is a fixed price deal, not an auction. Many people will list things at crazy prices and take offers. Offers can be left unrestricted. "Bidding" on it is just an offer to the seller.

Given the census numbers, the black cover, and status as a bronze semi-key, a crazy price is not out of the realm of possibility.

It's a terrific read, that's for sure.

Love that book! I'd never pay $6K for it but I can still love it can't I?

:cloud9:

Crazy prices. Something smells fishy to me!!

Slightly ironic when you say "something smells fishy" and yet, the next Topic is from you about:

One of the greatest and recently unheard of Silver Age one owner collections, Mound City Collection, will be auctioned off November 2009

and don't mention anything about the condition of any of the books, background on the collection or anything else that would warrant your "hinting" that this could be considered a "Pedigreed" collection.....hmm....something smells "fishy."

Don't call anyone out or even hint that something is unscrupulous unless you abide by the same set of standards...just saying.

Thanks for the info ckb.

You sure can love it. I enjoy the whole Warlock series

Especially the classic Starlin run.

Everything old is new again. I hope to see a new Warlock

series with some substance, and as a leading character.