• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead # 1 CGC 9.9 finally sells!!!

52 posts in this topic

:acclaim: Thanks. Sad to see it go but felt it was the right time to sell.

Totally. I think you did great! You could buy a nice silver-age key with the 2k.

Love the series...I jumped onboard right after the 1st trade came out. The #1 was tough to grab even then. It's always the first book I read whenever it hits the stand!

Yes, it definitely was since there is about to be 2 more 9.9 in the census that are SS books. That book is losing its LONG title run as the best WD #1 in existence.

I LOVE the series but when I see 2K I think that's a 1.5/1.8 Amazing Fantasy #15 or a 2.0/2.5 HULK #1.

Great sale for you!!!

I LOVE the series but when I see 2K I think that's a 1.5/1.8 Amazing Fantasy #15 or a 2.0/2.5 HULK #1.

Egg-zactly! I'm no modern-hater, but these kind of sales always baffle me.

But I've got nothin' but love for the seller. :foryou: If you can grab the coin, then go get 'em!

Yes, it definitely was since there is about to be 2 more 9.9 in the census that are SS books. That book is losing its LONG title run as the best WD #1 in existence.

Great sale for you!!!

When I see 2K, I think a 9.2 Cerebus #1 - but, hey, to each his own :)

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both 9.9 SS copies of WD #1 owned by 1st-and-keys (one of which just sold)?

When I see 2K, I think a 9.2 Cerebus #1 - but, hey, to each his own :)

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't both 9.9 SS copies of WD #1 owned by 1st-and-keys (one of which just sold)?

Thanks again guys, but I only owned the blue label copy that just sold, the other two SS copies are not mine. I purchased it shortly after the series came out for 12 bucks on ebay. I just lucked out on the grade.

:gossip: Move the decimal point two places to the right.

Actually, he is right.

The formula would be (Realized Sales-Investment/Investment) and this gives you the final realized multiple above or below your investment.

When I did it Excel had a percentage error, which is what you probably saw where it showed four figures before the decimal versus three.

I haven't finished my giant mug o' coffee.

What?

He realized a 166% increase in his investment, but when you do this in Excel and change the field to a %, Excel initially will experience an error and show 16,567%, which would mean he had to sell a book for $20K to achieve this.

Gotta love Microsoft solutions.

What?

He realized a 166% increase in his investment, but when you do this in Excel and change the field to a %, Excel initially will experience an error and show 16,567%, which would mean he had to sell a book for $20K to achieve this.

He actually received 166.66X his initial investment. I'm no statistician, but, that is not the same as a 166.66% increase.

What?

He actually received 166.66X his initial investment. I'm no statistician, but, that is not the same as a 166.66% increase.

Thank you! I didn't think I was crazy.

What?

You round up and 165.67% is 166%. $2,000 - $12/$12 = 165.67%

But you are right - you are no statistician (or basic math expert). :baiting:

What?

You round up and 165.67% is 166%.

Well, considering a 166.66% increase would have meant that he sold it for around 32 bucks, I think I get it well enough.

What?

You round up and 165.67% is 166%.

Well, considering a 166.66% increase would have meant that he sold it for around 32 bucks, I think I get it well enough.

lol

Just had to bust your onions a little since you are oh so good at dishing it out.