• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-man 3: Mark of the Man-wolf?

13 posts in this topic

John Jameson-JJJ's son, is the Man-Wolf, so since his charecter is in Spidey 2, they have the continuity in place. The issue is ASM 124 where we see the Man-Wolf for the first time. Does not suprize me since they are going to do Werewolf by Night, and according to Arad, it may be the best of Marvel Ent. franchises-only time will tell on that one. here is the complete Man-Wolf run down in continuity,

ASM 124 and 125

Giant Size Super-Heros 1

Creatures on the Loose 30-37

Marvel Premiere 45 and 46

These all combine in continuity to tell the Man-Wolf story, and not to bad reads IMO.

Thumbs down. With such a great villain's gallery, why do Man-Wolf? Ridiculous. Curt Connors is in SM2, and there are rumors that Eddie Brock makes an appearance as well. Surely fandom would rather see Spidey battle Venom or the Lizard than a werewolf. That would be weak. Just my 2 pesos.

Surely fandom would rather see Spidey battle Venom or the Lizard than a werewolf.

I dunno...do we need 3 "Mad Scientist" villains in a row? confused-smiley-013.gif And remember, "fandom" is only part of the movie-buying crowd, most of whom have never heard of The Lizard or Venom, but most of whom would be familiar with the werewolf mythos.

The story and potential action sequences of an engaged-to-MJ JJ going to the moon, finding an ancient artifact, smuggling it back to earth, becoming the Man-Wolf, wreaking havoc, and confronting Spidey before being cured (or killed - like in "The Fly"?) could be pretty cool... thumbsup2.gif

Man-Wolf seems kind of a lame duck to revive for the movies, although John Jr. is a pivotal character in Spidey 2 (he's MJ's new love interest since Peter won't get involved).

Don't be surprised if there's another character's origin hidden in there though. If I recall correctly, in the cartoon show from the 90's a certain symbiote arrived on earth after being picked up on an expedition to the moon. I would suspect that would be a similar way to introduce Eddie Brock to his better half for Spidey 3.

Kev

Spidey meets Underworld?

Exactly, and Hollywood always tries to piggy-back on trends. With super hero movie popularity waning, those geniuses may be trying to attract the horror/thriller crowd as well?