• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

signed and numbered Detective 675s?

5 posts in this topic

My LCS is running a sale where you can gat a S+N Detective 675 a a bonus with every $20 you spend. They are from the scoreboard company and are signed by Dixon,Hanna and Nolan. Limited(?) to 5,000.

Is it worth spending a few extra bucks to get some and what are these valued at? Most of the ones he has out are in the VF/NM class as they all have multiple strees lines on spine.

My LCS is running a sale where you can gat a S+N Detective 675 a a bonus with every $20 you spend. They are from the scoreboard company and are signed by Dixon,Hanna and Nolan. Limited(?) to 5,000.

Is it worth spending a few extra bucks to get some and what are these valued at? Most of the ones he has out are in the VF/NM class as they all have multiple strees lines on spine.

Scoreboard.

Is there anything else to say?

foreheadslap.gif

Scoreboard.

foreheadslap.gif

You mean it's really not worth $49.95 like it says on the sticker?

What's with Scoreboard? I don't remember any scandals,what am I missing here ?

Scoreboard.

foreheadslap.gif

You mean it's really not worth $49.95 like it says on the sticker?

What's with Scoreboard? I don't remember any scandals,what am I missing here ?

Scoreboard was the company that had the big sportscard scandal almost 10 years ago.

They sold autographed stuff on one of the TV shopping channels.

They kept selling to the point they collected tons of money but stopped shipping the items for a long period of time.

Then turned up bankrupt and kept the money.

There was talk about the authenticity of some of their autos, but I never heard how that came out.

That's the story as I remember it. I could be wrong with the details.

But it was "Scoreboard".

Okay,thanks. I dealt with them a bit when I had my store and never had problems. Knew they went out of business but either didn't know or forgot the details.I'm not a big believer in the 5,000 copy S+N BS,anyway.